Senior Facilities Technician/Supervisor - Commercial/UPS
Damansara , Malaysia
Date published: 7-Dec-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
About CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions:
Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE which supports occupier clients of all sizes, through facilities management, project management, advisory and transaction services. As our client, you benefit from property solutions that reduce cost and risk, better manage your space and improve productivity.
We Want You To Join Us!
Purpose of the role:
- Plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for a facility. Point of references on technical, M&E projects, Conditional Appraisals, M&E Maintenance program
What to expect on the role:
- Manages the building's operational accounts and assists in development of operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians. Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Maintains on-going communication with tenants, clients, owners, facility management team and vendors.
- May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts. Coordinates development and maintenance of as-built drawings.
- Responds to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Establishes and monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Ad hoc project: saving initiative, solar overall technical sustainability
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead a team of shift technicians & building technicians
To be eligible for the role, you must have:
- At least minimum 5 to 6 years in Mechanical & Electrical background
- Oversee Electrical infrastructure for datacentre. Electrical engineering familiar with switching procedure, UPSs, STS, Genset ,Transformer.
- Data Centre background is a must
- Familiar with CMMS alert
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Facilities or M&E or Air-conditioning
- Background required building/facilities Management in Banking/ commercial building/data centre
- Hands on skills: HVAC/ACMV/air-conditioning, LV, Genset, electrical & civils
- Actively involved in M&E project- saving initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
Work Location: Damansara, PJ
- This role required to work 5.5 days (Sat 4 hours)
- Normal shift 8 hours pattern rotation 7 am to 4 pm/9 am to 6 pm/10 am to 7 pm