CBRE Global Workplace Solutions provides tenant and occupier advice, tenant and occupier representation, project management, lease administration and facilities management. Due to the client growth, we are now seeking an experienced Critical Facilities Manager to join the team based in Hong Kong.
The Critical Facilities Manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of all contractual obligations including subcontractor management, financial control, QHSE compliance, work scheduling, and team training & development whilst also running day to day critical facilities operations.
The Critical Facilities Manager will provide leadership, management, and development of a defined contract, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded.
As a Critical Facilities Manager some of your key responsibilities are to:
- Provide leadership, and ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place
- Working with other operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues
- Development of contract financial plans
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate
Desired skills and experience
- To be considered for this role you will have a Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in data centre operations and 5 years of experience in similar facilities roles.
- The successful candidate will be a certified Facility Manager with strong people management experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate experience in client facing roles, be charismatic and have strong English communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages is required.