Senior Engineer (Data Centre)
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 30-Apr-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Deliver Data Center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data centre operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs, site certifications and legislative requirements.
- Maintain 24/7 continuity of utilities: electrical, gas, air-conditioning, heating, water, sewerage, drainage, cleaning and waste management
- Complete assigned tasks with minimal disruption to the client and there customers
- Work closely with the Client to respond to, investigate and close out any service issues, escalating to the Critical Facility Manager or Director where these can’t be dealt with at a site level.
- Provide timely reporting for EHS and CARE and others.
- Validate/verify supplier works and provide approval for invoice payments.
- Manage utilities and resources in a sustainable way to promote more efficient use and minimize impact on the environment.
- Ensure site resources are efficiently and effectively managed inclusive of technical, non-technical aspects and 24/7 technical operational staff. Ensure services are continually provided and all leave is planned, coordinated and covered.
- Manage, investigate and resolve complex technical issues and incidents which arise at the site, reporting all issues back to the Critical Facility Manager.
- Assist in development and coordination of engineering design concepts or changes for the site.
- Review equipment lifecycle and support the Critical Facility Manager in preparing annual OPEX and CAPEX plans to forecast future expenditure for the site, ensuring works can be performed concurrently and without interruption to the facility.
- Prepare and maintain asset maintenance plans and tasks up to date with new equipment and revised maintenance or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and or review all change management procedures, maintain up to date library of switching and isolation procedures. Identify and provide training to staff where required to ensure they are appropriately skilled for tasks performed on site.
- Monitor and report on site electrical and cooling capacities ensuring that all services are operating within design limits.
- Work closely with Critical Facility Manager and provide coverage when Critical Facility manager is absent or during leave periods.
- Develops and maintain a thorough knowledge of all critical assets and their independencies with other critical systems and operations of the site.
- Prepare business and operational risk assessments, work plans and procedures necessary to mitigate against disruption to services during maintenance, repair or upgrade works to the critical systems and assets at the site.
- Coordinate and prepare change requests using systems provided in accordance with customer change policies and service level expectations.
- Attend and perform all critical switching, isolation of services at the site so that equipment is by-passed to allow maintenance to be performed. This includes attendance outside of normal working hours at any time requested by CBRE/the client.
- Management of planned maintenance, repairs and upgrade, activities ensuring that all works have an appropriate supervision structure in place. This includes attendance outside of normal working hours at any time requested by CBRE/client.
- Ensure plant and equipment is operating efficiently and to correct parameters. Actively participate in energy programs and constantly review site PUE to ensure that the plant is running at optimum levels
- Manage repairs, replacement or upgrade of plant assets or infrastructure as per life cycle plan or as a result of a failure or improvements.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly routine inspections of all critical assets where required
- Assist with client auditors and audits ensuring that all documentation is accurately filed and easily accessible on request.
- Support in the preparation of site performance reports as requested which are typically:
- o capacity utilization
- o site performance reports
- o risk registers
- o Work order / finance reports
- Manage all PPM and reactive works using the systems provided, ensuring that all work orders are electronically closed out within customer service level expectations.
- Raise work-orders to suppliers prior to commencement of works and manage payment process using internal financial systems.
- Manage internal and external resources managing costs to set budget constraints.
- Request authorization for works outside approved spend limits.
- Be available for on 24/7 on-call to manage the rectification process for all issues and emergencies.
- Ensure that all Critical Services Technicians are trained to respond to critical situations.
- Articulate and live the CBRE culture, set an example by modeling the required behaviors and hold others (employees and peers) accountable for their actions by identifying and acting on behavior which is inconsistent with agreed standards.
- Comply with all CBRE systems used to meet its health and safety obligations.
- Work safely and not put themselves or anyone else’s health or safety at risk by their acts or omissions
- Comply with the CBRE Environmental policies and adhere to procedures and work instructions that are relevant to their activities.
- Operate in a manner that will minimize any adverse environmental impacts associated with their site activities
- Create and nurture on-site Client and stakeholder relations.
- Ensure 100% compliance to agreed KPI’s
- Ensure subcontractors perform in accordance with agreed scope of works and provide regular reporting.
- Ensure electrical & mechanical infrastructure is maintained per manufacturers recommendation or client/CBRE statements of work (SOW).
- Be willing/able to be appointed as an HV authorized person for the site and champion technical operations compliance at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent standards of response to Asset performance, completion of assigned work and ensure any abnormal operating conditions and housekeeping issues are dealt with proficiently.
- Supervise and manage the technical on-site team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved. The Senior Engineer is responsible for setting performance goals for the team, as well as responsible for the development, coaching, and counselling of the team members.
- You will be responsible to coordinate work permits and to escalate where necessary approval of permits that can affect the business-critical systems.
- Closely monitor the Risk Assessments and Supplier activities on the site and ensure they follow current H&S legalisation.
- Manage contractors/suppliers to ensure maintenance, repairs, and operations are to a high standard and in line with maintenance agreements/SLAs.
- Develop, implement and audit local Method of Procedures (MOP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP’s).
- Monitor the closure of the permits and provide the business with an ‘end of business report’ of outstanding permits.
- Manage minor projects and administration of professional consultants/contractors providing building repair, and capital improvement services where required.
- Perform and execute as and when necessary rounds throughout the Data Centre and around property as directed to ensure the integrity of the site.
- Conduct site safety and hazard identification inspections.
- Report all safety concerns, hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Ensures compliance with, local, state and federal regulatory requirements including environmental, building, fire, health & safety.
- Supporting CMMS Operator in scheduling/closing out workorders assigned to internal and external technicians
- Provide relief to the Critical Facilities Manager or Data Centre Manager during their absence.