Job Title Senior Electrical engineer
Business Sector Data Centre Solutions
Based Milton Keynes but covering Birmingham and Brentford
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer (Mobile) to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will o carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies. To all systems and plant on the client. These will include working on all data centre equipment but could be any systems on the site. Act as the responsible person for all operations such as switching, UPS maintenances, Generator maintenance works, HV equipment servicing
Undertake small works and any other duties requested from CBRE Managers
- Carry out the routine maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet the agreed service level agreements.
- Carrying out switching operations and issuing appropriate permits to work for sub-contractors and staff as necessary
- Respond to Building System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Minor ICT works on customer equipment.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems. Following CBRE Permit to Work and safe systems of work are followed at all times
- Ensure that domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance and reactive works records are kept, and computerised maintenance system is kept up to date.
- Ensure that safe methods of working are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices are adhered to and all requirements are met under the health and safety at work act
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, site operating processes and operate their safe systems of work.
- To assist to develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and client’s staff and project a professional image of CBRE at all times.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE UK Services is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety requirements and able to supervise others on all aspects of day to day health and safety.
- Must hold City and Guilds electrical qualifications or equivalent.
- Must have 18th edition and City and Guilds as a minimum.
- Must be HVAP & LVAP or have very recent experience.
- Mechanical qualifications or able to demonstrate good mechanical knowledge.
- Experience in working in critical environments such as data centres or dealing rooms as well as large office environments.
- Team Working and experienced in customer facing situations, good communicator with good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in managing sub-contractors, running permit to work system and being accountable for others safety.
- Flexible working with the ability to manage own workloads with little supervision. Good commercial knowledge and able to take ownership of jobs from cradle to grave.
- Have a good understanding of operation BMS systems and general controls on all types of plant and operating systems
- Must have means to get to site at any time.
- Will be required to step in and cover for Brentford and possibly Birmingham Engineers
- Be part of an on-call rota to cover for emergencies out of working hours.