Senior Analyst - Lending, Investment Advisory
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 3-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The role will sit within the Lending team of the Investment Advisory service line. Investment Advisory is a key service line of CBRE Capital Advisors. The team works with institutional, financial and property company clients to develop tailored real asset investment solutions designed to meet their specific business and investment objectives.
The Lending team has various debt mandates, enabling it to make loans across multiple lending strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking to make a significant impact within a large financial services advisory group. The primary role will be a key team member undertaking transaction on behalf of the Lending team’s retained clients, with the following responsibilities:
- Key focus on undertaking new lending opportunities with a secondary role on loan portfolio management.
- Screening lending opportunities and reviewing requests for debt finance from borrowers.
- Leading due diligence on underlying property, financial dynamics and borrowers.
- Transaction management including leading third-party advisors, e.g. lawyers and valuers.
- Involved in presenting transactions for credit committee approval.
- Managing your investments in your portfolio.
- Engaging with CBRE’s network of clients and contacts to source appropriate lending opportunities.
- Engaging with CBRE’s wider teams to enable business growth of the firm.
- Support team leader in strategic analysis and research, including new lending strategies and markets. Involved in presenting these to existing clients and new sources of capital.
Desired technical, skills and experience:
- Experience of real estate lending, e.g. from a bank, debt fund or advisory business.
- Exposure to investment, value add and development finance lending situations.
- Due diligence skills: understating the underlying property, financial dynamics of a loan and borrower analysis. Including experience of writing loan credit papers.
- Transaction management experience, from enquiries for finance through due diligence to a successful loan investment.
- Ability to undertake financial analysis, stress-testing and sensitivity analysis on possible investments.
- Origination across investment and development lending and across all key asset classes (Commercial and residential).
- Business development and networking skills.
- Experience of structuring and negotiation of transaction terms.
- Relationship management with borrowers.
- Experience of managing loans, including borrower contact and managing event-driven matters in the loan life cycle.
Desired background and qualifications:
- Prior experience ideally working in a real estate lending business, e.g. real estate banking, debt funds preferred.
- Experience as a real estate debt broker or advisor and MRICS Property Finance and Investment qualified Chartered Surveyors of interest also.
Desired interpersonal skills:
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Team mentality.
- Strong client facing and communication skills (interacting with both investors and borrowers).
- Presentation skill