CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions, part of Global Workplace Solutions, is a leading global provider of Scientific Support Services. We are recruiting an Engineer to join the team located at one of our client sites; to manage, organise and implement day-to-day Laboratory Instrument Support (LIS) activities through liaison and discussion with customers’, CBRE Planners, Engineers and the Lead Scheduler. We have numerous roles due to our expanding team and therefore welcome applicants with various levels of experience.
The role provides high quality specialist engineering support to a wide range of laboratory equipment within the scientific community such as Robotic Systems, HPLC/UPLC, MS etc.
This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions group network.
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards.
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution.
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption.
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services.
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports.
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals and drawings.
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes.
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship with NVQ 3 in engineering or equivalent
- Alternative a qualification will be accepted
- HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.