Waltham Cross , United Kingdom
Date published: 20-Nov-2020
An opportunity has arisen to work in our finance function in the position of Sales and Treasury Assistant.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Undertake weekly bank reconciliation
• Enable a clear segregation of duties with the Sales and Treasury Officer by taking responsibility for:
- daily maintenance of cash book, including the creation of cash payments and receipts journals within the accounting system
- creation of sales reservations/exchanges/completions journals in the accounting system
- customer invoicing, including journal creation in the accounting system
• Preparation of bank transfers
• Responsible for customer invoicing, including journal creation in the accounting system
• Set-up of sales ledger accounts on accounting system
• Assist the Sales and Treasury Officer in monitoring of sales ledger accounts to ensure no overdue balances
• Oversee the collection of ground rents from managing agents - dealing with managing agents, chasing payments, reconciling accounts and setting up ground rent spreadsheets for new sites
• Assist in the month end process including:
- Nominal month end close down
- Closing Sub-Contractor ledger
- Closing Purchase ledger
- Closing Debtors ledger
- Preparation of monthly income statement and balance sheet reconciliations for Group companies
• Responsible for the reconciliation and control of in-house solicitor’s client account.
• Sub-contractors payments
- Set up new sub-contractors
- Complete CIS verification
- Ensure sub-contractor details are kept up to date
- Run the CIS report from the accounting system, upload and submit through HMRC Gateway
• IT literacy including MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to fit into an established finance function. In particular the ability to communicate with financial and non-financial staff at various levels in the business.
• Motivated and flexible individual keen to work in a growing business, comfortable working on their own and with others.
• Two years’ experience in similar role required.
• Experience in using COINS software desirable but not required.
• Understanding of the construction industry would be a benefit but not a necessity.
• Recent experience of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
• Excellent organisational skills.