CBRE is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Sales Director to be based from our office in London.
The role will be the senior sales role with the National Accounts department and will lead a team of 4 Business Development Managers (people management experience is essential for this role) who operate in their specialist areas; Logistics, Health & Wellbeing, Utilities & Infrastructure, Midlands.
We provide hard and soft services to various client nationally. Previous exposure of engineering, facilities management, construction or property services is essential.
Purpose of the role
To develop and close new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers’ requirements without compromising our quality service within CBRE’s target market sectors. To functionally support their allocated Business Development Manager’s and to manage, train and develop any Sales Execs under their control.
• To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Vice President Sales and Divisional Managing Director.
• To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
• To identify and build a long-term active pipeline for their team, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
• To functionally support any BDM’s assigned to them. Create PDP so as to ensure they have the appropriate training and development opportunities to fulfil their role and are given the support to allow them to be successful.
• Manage and develop the Sales Executive, Create PDP so as to ensure they have the appropriate training and development opportunities to fulfil their role and are given the experiences to allow them to be successful.
• Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
• Ensure the accuracy and quality of all sales reporting.
• Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Vice President Sales. Ensuring at all times that the Knowledge Base contains the highest quality and most up to date examples of “what good looks like”.
• Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
• Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
• Ensure that the BU Leader is fully aware of all activities. Attend monthly sale reviews with the Vice President Sales to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business opportunities to ensure compliance.
• Ensure that appropriate sign-offs are understood and adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
• Maintain the relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business utilising the Knowledge Base
• Attend and take an active part in all divisional board meetings and MMM’s
• Read all tenders and PQQ documents before issue, so as to ensure the quality and commerciality of our proposals.
• Take full ownership of all re-bids within their division.
• Higher educational qualifications to HNC/D or degree would be beneficial.
• A minimum of five years proven sales/business development experience from a relevant
• Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
• Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
• Experience of dealing with a range of people including site staff, suppliers and customers.
• Driven by targets and comfortable in a high-pressure sales environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
• Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
• Must be able to influence others and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
• Self-motivated. Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
• Be self-sufficient: able to work on your own as well as in a team.
• Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel across the UK if required.