Residential Director - CBRE Global Investors
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 7-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The candidate will be responsible for helping develop residential strategy, sourcing and underwriting investments and overseeing investments within the residential sector.
CBRE GI have a number of clients seeking residential exposure within the UK, they have also recently launched a new investment fund, CBRE UK Affordable Housing Fund (“AHF”), with a strategy of purchasing residential stock, typically non-private market tenures and are in the process of launching a Pan European Strategy which includes the UK as a target market.
CBREGI is seeking to recruit a candidate to extend its capabilities within the residential sector. Reporting into Head of UK Funds, the role will be to assist in the development of residential strategy for various clients, sourcing and underwriting of new investments, managing investments and facilitating communication with a broad range of clients investing across the residential sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to take a leading role and to help develop the residential investment business for CBREGI.
- Preparation of due diligence reports, investment committee papers on a broad range of asset types across the residential spectrum in the UK, including development sites, investment portfolios and high value mixed use schemes.
- Close liaison with agents, developers and house builders
- Working closely with senior team members on acquisitions and client pitches
- Lead on constructing and reviewing more detailed financial models including preparation and review of development appraisals and investment cash flows using Excel and Argus / Circle.
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth
- Liaise with the wider CBRE residential network and other business lines such as Capital Markets and Funding, Development Agency, Planning and Building Consultancy.
- MRICS, CFA qualified or equivalent
- Experience and expertise in the residential sector, specifically PRS
- Active contacts and experience in residential capital markets
- Must have a solid grasp of income driven investment valuations and development appraisals
- Personable and at ease in the business environment with colleagues and clients
- Good researching skills
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Circle / Argus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Organised, focused and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment