CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including transaction and project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
RESEARCH INTERNSHIPS AT CBRE
CBRE’s research teams provide world class insight into trends in real estate markets across the globe. In the UK, CBRE’s Research Department runs a respected Internship Scheme which enable undergraduates, gap year students and recent graduates to work alongside some of the world’s best real estate analysts, many of whom are high-profile commentators in their own right. We now invite applications for the annual 2020- 2021 programme.
UK & EMEA RESEARCH
CBRE invests heavily in world-leading research and analysis with more than 650 researchers globally. The research teams for the UK and the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) are co-located in London, totalling around 30 staff.
The UK CBRE Research Department produces over 100 market reports each year as well as collecting market data and generating quantitative market forecasts. The UK team’s broad tasks are:
- To help support UK business divisions in their daily work through its reports and regular presentations to CBRE clients. Explaining the trends in the UK property market is a key component for the Research team.
- To specifically target the firm’s UK core client group (around 50 UK clients) with detailed research via reports, presentations, data and provision of market forecasts.
- Promote the CBRE brand throughout UK and beyond by demonstrating ‘thought leadership’ within the industry. This aim includes regular liaison with CBRE UK marketing department to maximise PR / Media opportunities for the research team.
- The EMEA Research Team is responsible for research throughout the EMEA region. It produces regular and one-off special reports at a pan-EMEA level. In addition, the team’s focus is:
- Providing strategic advice to occupiers and investors with a pan-regional outlook and identifying key trends across the region and their implications for CBRE and its clients;
- Producing multi-national research reports for publication and on a consultancy basis for clients;
- Co-ordinating the activities of the 100+ researchers in CBRE offices around the region and providing support and assistance to the researchers and local offices in relation to general research activities, publications, reports and projects;
- Promote the CBRE brand throughout EMEA and beyond by demonstrating ‘thought leadership’ within the industry
To provide business support to the EMEA and UK Research teams to ensure that their needs and client needs are met at all times. The post will also have a specific focus on research output – helping to formulate and produce special papers and reports that highlight CBRE’s thought leadership and market intelligence in UK and EMEA property issues.
- Studying for, or recently graduating with, a recognised bachelor’s degree with Honours (2.1 or better), or a Master’s degree. Students of economics, statistics, finance, maths, geography, business, social and environmental sciences, or the built environment disciplines are preferred, but aptitude is more important than subject matter: the team already includes graduates from a very wide range of subjects.
- At least 3 good A levels at BBB or better.
- An ability to manipulate and understand data, both qualitative (such as social trends) and quantitative (such as financial and market data)
- An ability to analyse information, conduct research, and to present research conclusions in an engaging and accessible way.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise and multi task and act on own initiative, working autonomously when required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with an ability for quickly and summarising complex information.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to become a CBRE intern by 31 January 2020.