Regional Technical Manager
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 18-Mar-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The responsibilities of this role are to provide management across multiple functions of building engineering and maintenance related matters for the Client portfolio. This role will be based at the client site with travel across the Asia Region as needed in support of engineering matters. In addition, the incumbent may be required to carry out any other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders within Business Services Division (BSD), Business Resilience and Technology Leads and end user stakeholders across the MGL business
- Oversees and manages repair and maintenance performance of regional engineers, technicians, and contractors performing building maintenance and reactive maintenance services. Reviews monthly work order reports to ensure that outputs are completed to KPI
- Responsible for ensuring that maintenance & inspections and reports for the Region are timely and accurate
- Ensures PPM Regime across the region remains on track, with focus on critical asset PPMs and compliance to statutory regulations through close supervision of the Engineering team.
- Prepares capital project submissions in relation to maintenance & operations/future asset requirements across the Region
- Responsible for ensuring that Engineers manages key technical vendor relationships and escalations regarding maintenance vendor performance
- Reviews engineering related risks & issues across region, provides mitigation strategies, reports to Head of Operations for escalation of risks
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of engineering reports as required
- Act as Work, Health & Safety champion, providing leadership & guidance to engineers across region on best practice WHS and site safety practices.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Min Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training within Engineering discipline, preferably an few years’ experience within the Asia Region supporting critical environment operations, maintenance and/or engineering supporting critical facilities operations. Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Prior Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers, effectively present information, and respond to sensitive issues.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving multiple situations and options. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.