Head of Total Rewards, GWS PEOPLE APAC
Corporate Level: Director
Function: GWS PEOPLE APAC, PEOPLE Total Rewards
- Head of Total Rewards, APAC/EMEA
- Head of People, GWS PEOPLE APAC
Number of Direct Reports: 4-6
Span of control: GWS Performance, Rewards and Benefits.
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is the leading global provider of real estate outsourcing, with over 300 long-term relationships with corporate, healthcare, and government organizations, delivering facilities management, project management, transaction and portfolio, and consulting services across 350 offices worldwide. Within APAC, GWS works across 14 countries and employs over 11,000 people.
This is a senior and strategic performance and rewards leadership position required to develop and deliver relevant, innovative and consistent, performance and reward strategies, programs and processes for GWS Asia Pacific as part of CBRE Total Rewards community. This leader will consult with senior leaders to strategize, identify and define current and future Reward needs in support of the GWS’s business objectives and increasing workforce demands anticipated as the business continues to expand in region. This role will be focused on execution of strategy, key stakeholder management, and leading a specialist team of compensation and benefits professionals both in-hub and infield. This team will be responsible for setting and maintaining the regions pay and performance practice in line with GWS and CBRE philosophy and local market strategy.
- Building and executing an effective and efficient performance & reward strategy and service model/s, aligned to the overarching GWS PEOPLE and global Total Rewards strategy, and leading the local PEOPLE teams to execute against business commercial value proposition.
- Establish a pay for performance culture internally and lead performance management processes for the region in line with program timelines and deliverables.
- Drive best practice performance and reward practices for the use of technologies, standardized methodologies, change communications and other levers to drive process quality and efficiencies.
- Overall leadership, management and development of staff which includes both managers, professionals and project managers. This includes hiring, retaining, and developing an industry-leading diverse Total Rewards team and other relevant professionals.
- Consulting, advising and influencing senior executives on performance and reward strategies and solutions that improve and sustain business success and retention of key talent.
- Partnering with the regional and global Total Rewards counterparts to ensure performance and reward processes and practices are consistent, scalable and aligned to the overall CBRE direction for compensation and benefits.
- Partnering within the GWS PEOPLE leadership to set philosophy and strategy, then align and simplify pay and performance practices to meet the business needs
- Establish a consistent and effective review and continuous improvement process for all pay and performance practices, policies and guidelines across the region
- Providing leadership to performance, retention, Total Rewards practices and assure compliance with local government requirements.
- Establishing and providing performance metrics and measures to continually assess the effectiveness of the team, its progress and value of the performance and reward strategy on the business performance
- Developing and refining reward strategy across line of business and country in ensuring market competitive pay and performance practices to meet the changing staffing needs of the business
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase the team’s capability to reward and retain a diverse skill sets to meet changing business requirements of GWS.
- Consulting with PEOPLE and business leaders with solid knowledge of local government rules and regulations affecting performance and rewards; ensuring that pay and performance activities follow governmental requirements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Management of the day to day Total Rewards activities for the GWS business which will include overseeing performance planning (including executive KPI and target setting), pay strategy (inclusive of short term incentives), needs analysis, benefits review process (in partnership with infield PEOPLE), development & execution of market based pay processes for existing and transitioning staff
- Partnering with the infield PEOPLE, SSC and PEOPLE operations team to align, streamline and consistently apply the use of resources, tools, policy and processes for pay and performance
- Management of organizational delivery through metrics for data aligned to service level standards and agreements.
- Management of relationships with insurance providers, pay-data vendors, government bodies and other external stakeholder groups.
- Oversight of budget for the function.
- Location management for the GWS PEOPLE community in the KL Hub
- Representing the GWS APAC on enterprise-wide group initiatives.
- Ability to travel regionally, approximately 30% time.
The individual will be a proven leader who possesses a strategic view and vision of the PEOPLE-Business partnership and demonstrates flexibility, teamwork and the ability to work well in a matrix environment. Accordingly, critical success factors include the ability to manage effectively in a matrix organization, develop partnerships with many businesses and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the performance and reward capabilities.
This person must be an exceptional leader and will be recognized for accomplishments related to hiring, retaining, and developing a highly skilled and diverse staff supporting both performance and Total Rewards specialist services. The ideal candidate will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong inter-personal effectiveness and possess technical/professional expertise in recruiting, with a strong focus on market-based pay processes, pay for performance practice and project management. The person will bring new approaches and ideas, focus on results and establishing high standards of service excellence, strength at building relationships and collaborating across multiple businesses and in a matrix organization, and leading and championing change. This role also requires the experience and ability to operate at both a local and regional level, with close partnerships across Advisory C&B and PEOPLE SSC.
- A seasoned leader with at least 15+ years of increasing responsibility in human resources or consulting organizations with emphasis in the following areas: compensation strategy, benefits structures, pay for performance culture, short term incentives, executive remuneration, performance management, change management and strategic partnering. Prefer proven experience leading a regional C&B team with a track record of high volume and growing functional capabilities.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience including success managing managers and leading large teams across APAC
- Demonstrated track record of managing large scale, multinational projects for either internal or external clients, including project solutions, planning, delivery and continuous improvement
- Highly developed commercial acumen with strong capability to market and position pay and performance philosophy and practices internally and with clients directly as part of GWS go-to-market efforts
- Proven experience building and managing service and operating models, including market based pay and pay for performance strategies
- Extensive experience and competence in managing a budget with the ability to navigate through the complexity of the budgeting process.
- Excellent knowledge of country employment laws, excellent written, verbal and listening skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; project management; staffing capacity planning skills; a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action.
- Previous virtual leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in geographically dispersed environments.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, highly complex matrix environment.
- Exposure to PEOPLE operations an advantage