Over the years, CBRE’s GWS Enterprise business has expressed an increasing need for ad-hoc financial support & expertise, to be available if & when peaks of workload or shortage of resources occur, on a client account. The APAC Enterprise Account (EA) Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the different finance leaders across the Enterprise Accounts division, during these time and acts as a “capacity manager”.
His/her time shall be split between on-account finance activities, every time a dedicated client team requires support (50%) and transvers platform-based activities (50%). The workload will be organised around specific projects & short-term assignments, based on the needs of the business.
The EA Finance manager leverages his/her experience and wide exposure to different clients and verticals, to promote best practices and adapt promptly to any new mission. His/her expertise spreads across all business finance maters such as (but not limited to): financial stewardship, management reporting, contract management, technology deployment, resource planning, commercial business cases and the management of client and business outcomes.
On-account Project Based Activities
- Be able to take ownership of any accounting & financial matters on the account
- Manage CBRE’s financial statements (P&L and Balance Sheet): prepare monthly deferred revenue schedules, journal entry accruals, budget vs. actual variance analyses, risk/opportunity tracking, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of CBRE’s books
- Comply to all accounting policies & audit requirements
- Administrate Procure to Pay and Order to Cash processes
- Prepare yearly budget & monthly re-forecasts
- Ensure all submissions are made on a timely basis
- Participate in various systems rollouts
- Monitor and manage cash collection, on a timely basis
- Manages special projects and assists in preparation of presentations for management
- Contract & commercial support
- Ensure compliance with contract commercial principles
- Ensure smooth production and delivery of all commercial & financial contractual customer deliverables: budget, baseline, monthly reportings
- Support Contractual Change request & savings processes
- Comply with customer audit requirements
- Manage the relationship with the client as the finance & commercial subject matter expert
- Provide high quality financial advice to both the client and the CBRE senior management team
- Support various teams through periodic trainings and updates on systems & processes.
- Drive overall process improvement and promotion of CBRE’s best practices
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies.
- Work as a project manager in order to plan, organise and deliver complex tasks, involving a high number of stake holders and deliverables.
CBRE’s Platform Based Activities
- Lead transvers projects aiming at improving CBRE’s finance capabilities and enabling client dedicated finance teams; such as process improvements, tools enhancement or trainings delivery
- Support management reporting processes & perform financial analysis
- Facilitate communication between the various finance business partners dedicated to accounts and CBRE’s corporate finance functions (FP&A; Controllership; Tax; Systems; etc.)
- Support resolution of treasury and cash management issues
- Develop CBRE’s Finance team engagement by animating the APAC Finance community
- Support the transition and stabilisation of new accounts
- Accounting, Finance or related field Degree
- Professionally qualified accountant such as, ACCA, CPA, CA.
- Expected 8-10 years post qualified
- Operational/Industrial finance experience; Prior exposure to Real Estate and facilities management seen as a critical advantage
- Experience facing & managing customer seen as an advantage
- Self-starter and highly autonomous
- “Act-of-service” culture
- Resilience & Extra-mile culture
- Smooth inter-cultural management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- “Agile” mindset and ability to jump promptly on an account to support
- Ability to solve problems - both independently and working as a team
- Objective and results driven
- Ability to work in a Matrix organisation involving many stake holders
- Experience working with shared services
- Microsoft Office product literate, excel modelling and data manipulation skills
- Robust capacity to work under pressure
- Highly organized to ensure critical contract deadlines are met
- Experience of engaging and working remotely
- Other desirable skills: ability to apply technical knowledge, using commercial skills, networking, negotiating, problem-solving, flexibility, meeting deadlines, ability to focus and be persistent, understanding complex information and ability to adapt to and follow business protocols