Shanghai , Mainland China
Date published: 11-Mar-2020
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for day to day management of the client's portfolio under CBRE Client's Asset Management team, managing the returning/handover of leased sites to Landlords, processing associated documentation, negotiating new licences and easements, arranging lease renewals with the landlord, undertaking lease surrenders at the expiry of the lease, working with the CBRE teams to undertake portfolio optimization initiatives and keeping and storing accurate files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Lease renewal or extension of current contracts without rent challenge or negotiation
- Sublease Renewal where no marketing and only minor negotiation required
- Lease termination (lease disposal which does not involve negotiation with landlord for e.g. executing end of term termination, executing a right to terminate)
- Purchase options/right of first refusal (advice regarding an existing option/right.
- Monitoring all lease critical dates to ensure that all client's contractual obligations are met
- Develop relationship and work closely with client's RPM, Internal or external Legal, Client's Property team, Audit/ Operational Risk and client’s supply partners
- Working with Country AM Lead to develop initiatives at country level
- Managing the handover of client's assets on owned and leased property with support of FM
- Performing site inspections (as needed)
- Prepare business approval documents and related financial analysis
- Managing the eviction process for delinquent lease-out tenants (at client’s instruction)
- Ensure consistent application of property management standards
- Raise invoice to client on monthly basis (not relevant to all countries)
- Organise and manage property revaluation (as when required)
- Support Country/ Sub-regional Lead in preparation of budget and forecast exercises
- Support Country/ Sub-regional Lead in audits, reporting, portfolio planning and finance management.
- Build good relationship with client's landlords/ tenants and resolve AM issues.
- Document AM activities with designated software or reporting formats
- Ensure payments are as per contract obligations
- Review and approve GPMS lease abstracts form created by AM Analyst (where applicable). Review and approve GPMS updates created by Portfolio Administration
- Primary “go to” point for the Shared Services Hub/ Finance and lease administration team (where applicable)
- Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include the following:
- Accounting / budgeting
- Account planning
- Driving Customer Service Levels
- Proactively managing customer relationships
- Full financial analysis skills
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of customer needs
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent presentation skills
- Multi-tasking and sensitive to cross-cultural exposures
- Organising and prioritizing a large and varied workload
- Strong Communication (verbal & written) and Negotiation skills, Diplomatic but assertive
Coordinate and review work of the AM Assistant (where applicable)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Engineering or related discipline
- 3 - 5 + years in the real estate industry
- Account/client management skills
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Candidates with recognised real estate (RICS/ MCR or similar) qualification will have distinct advantage
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees and clients.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Fluency in English and local language
- Must be able to act as client's representative in sensitive discussions with local authorities