CBRE are looking for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to join our market leading Rating team to provide rating advice to a broad range of blue-chip clients including Landlords, occupiers, investors, and developers. You will be tasked with supporting a team head, building on existing market success; you will have the tenacity and ability to learn new skills and develop new business and to advise on high profile and complex cases.
• To provide bespoke rates appeal and general advice to clients
• To manage and grow your own client base and case load
• Developing business relationships with new and existing clients
• To assist with and provide rating advice to clients through all stages of the rating cycle
• To assist with the preparation of Valuation Tribunal procedural documents
• To integrate fully in the wider CBRE network and develop relationships with key service lines to promote the team and leverage opportunities
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Commercially astute with an entrepreneurial attitude to business development
• Ability to co-ordinate tasks efficiently to ensure deadlines are met
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
• Confident and assertive where required
• Sociable and outgoing
• Flexible approach to work
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
• MRICS/SCSI qualified
• Experience in providing rating advice and negotiating appeals
• Detailed knowledge of rating legislation and case law
• Good general surveying and inspection skills
Salary & Benefits
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
This job description is not meant to be definitive or restrictive and will be modified to meet the changing needs of the business.