Job Title: Project Quantity Surveyor
A qualified Project Quantity Surveyor is required to work on a range of fast paced new build, commercial fit-out and refurbishment projects, largely for global occupier clients. The successful candidate will be expected to work under their own initiative with support from Associate or Director level.
Our Cost Consultancy service line is an integral part of CBRE’s Project Management & Building Consultancy Department. We are a supportive team that prides itself on promoting professionalism, personal development and enjoyable working relationships. Our experienced quantity surveyors are engaged in some of the most exciting new build and fit-out projects creating exciting interiors for some of the most well-known global brands.
We work on projects across the UK as well as undertaking projects in several European countries. Our clients enjoy working with us and our aim is to exceed all of their expectations in providing a Best-in-class service. The role would suit a recently qualified surveyor, but we will also consider candidate approaching their APC.
- Feasibility and Order of Cost Estimating
- Formal Cost Planning
- Preparation of tender and contract documentation
- Development Monitoring
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Attending project and design team meetings
- Attending client meetings
- Assisting in the development of other junior staff
- The ideal candidate will be recently MRICS qualified (QS Pathway) but we will consider strong candidates coming up to their APC;
- Good appreciation of quantity surveying matters being able to understand the basics of the local and wider property markets;
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to present a professional and knowledgeable persona;
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting and working with colleagues and sister departments;
- Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
- Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are efficiently completed within an agreed time frame;
- Provide concise and clear written communication with accurate and excellent attention to detail;
- Sociable and outgoing team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
- Confident and assertive where required but understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion;
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.