CBRE's market-leading Retail division are looking for a newly qualified MRICS Surveyor to join their team of over 160 experts in central London. The successful applicant will forge a specialty in retail Landlord & Tenant, working within the High Street Lease Consultancy team, who advise corporate clients and major high street occupiers on rent reviews, lease renewals and third party referrals.
In addition to these core skills the successful applicant will be required to provide lease restructuring and strategic advice to clients. An early exposure to clients therefore means that good communication skills are also fundamental to the role.
As market leaders with longstanding involvement with many of the prime high streets in the UK, we can justifiably claim to guarantee the best possible experience in this sector. We also offer excellent opportunities for development and progression in order to grow and diversify your career.
• Reading and summarising leases
• Inspecting and measuring premises
• Collating comparable evidence
• Preparation of lease renewal and rent review pre-negotiation reports for clients
• Negotiating with landlords and their agents
• Preparation of settlement reports for clients
• Preparation of Heads of Terms
• Instructing solicitors through the legal process where necessary
• Preparation of reports for third party referral
• Assisting senior colleagues on instructions as necessary
• Assisting in the preparation of pitches for business development
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
• Commercial Retail property experience in a retail Landlord & Tenant environment
• MRICS Qualified
• Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook).
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 17.00, although flexibility with hours may be required on occasion