CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a QHSE Manager to join the team located in London.
• Responsible for driving forward and implementing the accounts Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety central function in accordance with ethical guidelines and corporate policies of both CBRE and our Client
• Responsible for delivery of Contractual Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety related KPIs with demonstrable evidence of legal compliance
• Develop, implement, manage & review the account specific Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety business plan and objectives in line with objectives of the client including the long-term forecasting and planning for both policy and resource requirements
• Liaise with the CBRE business line leaders and the Client to ensure expectations are understood and delivered, as far as is reasonable enabling suitable management of risk exposures relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety
• Support compliance with all business-wide policy and strategy objectives, through development of management system audits
• Ensure an up to date programme of necessary and appropriate audits and inspections is maintained and audits and inspections are carried out in accordance with this programme
• Ensure the systems and processes implemented across UK, I and Channel Islands, reflect the intentions of CBRE and the Client, in compliance with best industry practice (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 (or similar / applicable regional requirements)
• Establish and Manage a team of account-based Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety specialists, resource and budgetary requirements. Lead and facilitate necessary dialogue to resolve any resource conflict or related Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety concerns at senior stakeholder level
• Lead the provision of guidance and practical expertise on Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety matters, ensuring there is access to appropriate day-to-day support and guidance to CBRE, our supply partners and the Client
• Responsible for risk management across the Client’s UK, I and Channel Islands portfolio
• Accountable for co-ordinating activities across these territories to achieve full compliance with related KPI activities
• Lead & support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety Management and promote and maintain the behaviours and values of CBRE and the Client business
• Ensure the clients account-based Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety ‘Risk Champions’ are provided with competent advice, support and guidance to enable them to manage delivery of measurable objectives
• Lead the development and maintenance of the Clients Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety training strategy. Support training delivery to enable standards of Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety competence achievement and maintenance across UK, I and Channel Islands
• Manage business and professional relationships with out-sourced Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety resource as required
• Ensure the achievement of agreed business functional standards and service level agreements
• Compile at stipulated intervals appropriate performance reports for the business / work stream and maintain performance monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvement
• Support the achievement of good industry practice, business competitiveness, and the development of a learning organisation
• Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate
• Support the Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety aspects of new business initiatives, participation in presentations and consultation meetings
• Manage and maintain Client relationships at management level that povide performance assuarances and enhance CBRE’s QHSE standing and provide absolute assurances to the Client and to CBRE Senior Stakeholders
• A good general education with a formal management qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental management and Fire Safety
• Practical application of auditing and membership of the IIRSM or IOSH at Diploma level, or equivalent, with several years of relevant post qualification experience
• Conversant with (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001, (or similar regional alternatives)
• Demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the related field of Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Fire Safety
• Specialist and strategic higher managerial experience in Health, Safety, Environmental and Fire Safety Management
• A practical and demonstrable knowledge of liaising with enforcement agency / insurers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Numerate with a high degree of computer literacy
• May be required to travel across the UK, I and Channel Islands region and occasional overnight stays may be required
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.