Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: QHSE Manager
The purpose of our QHSE Manager is to support the development and ensure the delivery of the company quality, health, safety and environmental strategy, policy and processes, supporting the divisional QHSE Director.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Ensure the timely and complete reporting of all accidents, incidents, near misses and corrective actions in line with CBRE processes
• Act as the focal point for specialist QHSE expertise on the BT account and to understand corporate and legislative requirements
• Implement, manage and review the Strategic QHSE Plan
• Lead and support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE Management
• Provide guidance and practical expertise on all matters related to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, ensuring there is appropriate day-to-day support and guidance to both internal and external customers in the delivery of the CBRE safety management system
• Demonstrate integrity and ensure compliance with all business wide policy and strategy through QHSE Management System Audit
• Ensure the development and maintenance of the training strategy including project delivery
• Appoint and co-ordinate with contract-based Safety Champions and liaise with externally sourced QHSE resources as required
• Ensure the achievement of agreed functional standards and service level agreement
• Compile and maintain reporting and performance monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics to coach and educate account-based colleagues
• Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management
• Assist as necessary with reviews of existing Policies, Procedures, Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
• Bring to the attention of the Divisional QHSE Director any hazards or risks not addressed in the Company Safety Policy
• To be able to quantify and appraise compliance against legal and corporate standards to BT
• Update compliance dashboard weekly
• Formal management qualification in Health and Safety management and Environmental management
• Practical application of auditing
• Membership of IOSH at a minimum of graduate level
• Specialist and strategic higher managerial experience in Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management.
• Practical and demonstrable knowledge liaising with enforcement agency / insurers
• Practical experience in Risk Management, Best Value analysis of QHSE resource support provision and Development / implementation of policy and process
• Event investigation & analysis
• Development and delivery of QHSE training
• Formal management qualifications in environmental or Safety management system auditing
• Formal qualifications in areas of engineering, including electrical or FM
• Chartered member of IOSH
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.