CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a QHSE Manager to join the team located in Winnersh. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing management, guidance and expertise in all QHSE matters for the Client and their business across four UK sites.
• Drive forward and implement the QHSE strategy in accordance with ethical guidelines and Client corporate policies
• Develop, implement, manage and review account specific QHSE business plan and objectives as set by Client
• Ensure compliance against all business wide policies
• Simplify and standardise (where possible) all systems and processes
• Lead on provision, guidance and practical expertise on all QHSE topics ensuring appropriate day-to-day support for Client, site-based customers and CBRE Facilities Management team
• Risk Management, accountable for coordinating all activities and maintaining Risk Register, Risk Assessment activities, incident and hazard reporting
• Review and further develop safe systems of work to include electrical safety
• Implement and develop environmental improvement action plan
• Develop and lead on QHSE meetings for each site, at least quarterly including setting Agenda, providing quality content, documentation and provision of minutes
• Provide some training and issue of monthly toolbox talks specific to Client business activities
• Provide timely/accurate management information and reports for use by the Client at Board of Director meetings
• Responsible for ensuring safe and sustainable environment adhering to EHS and legislative guidelines
• Build collaborative working relationship with other CBRE employees across account’s UK locations ensuring all processes and services are aligned
• Maintain regular contact with the UK Customer Business Manager, consult on key decisions and advise of incidents, escalation and complaints.
• Develop network of contacts with CBRE Central QHSE team for peer to peer relationships
• Responsible for an optimum Client satisfaction and building lasting and meaningful relationship whilst being visible and/or accessible for the local customers
• Periodic Client reviews and attending other meetings to mitigate escalations, negotiate scope, etc including Client management reports preparation/presentation
• Responsible for compliance to legislation relevant to Client business activities
• Raise awareness of all statutory and compliance requirements including timely updates of any changes that apply to Client business activities
• Ensure Health Safety, Security and Environment process/policies are adhered to; management and maintenance of all key compliance documents
• A good general education, with formal management qualification in Health & Safety management and Environmental management; practical application of auditing and membership of the IIRSM or IOSH at Diploma level, or equivalent
• Proven experience of similar role, with experience of Client facing role and relevant post qualification experience
• Conversant with (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001, (or similar regional alternatives)
• Ability to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development in the related field of QHSE
• A practical and demonstrable knowledge of liaising with enforcement agency /insurers
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Ability to interface at all levels throughout an organisation, both face to face and remotely
• Excellent organizational and Effective business communication, face to face and written, with clear guidance and professionalism in all circumstances
• Good inter-personal skills in dealing with both customers, colleagues and suppliers
• Travel flexibility across UK (Edinburgh, Telford, Winnersh and Fleet essentially) as required with occasional overnight stays
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.