CBRE is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a QHSE (Health & Safety) Compliance Manager (Internal job title: Contractors Compliance Manager) to work from our client’s office located in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire. CBRE are providing both hard (Maintenance) and soft facilities (front of house, cleaning, security, catering, waste) management services to our client throughout the UK
- Identify and foster sound working relationships with key client personnel as required, understand their requirements and share the knowledge across the contract.
- Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents, and client issues.
- Undertake audits and inspections of contractors and working practices to ensure a safe working environment
- Analysis of contractor safety performance and report monthly
- Providing support and advice on site access, safety, induction practices
- Champion hazard awareness within team
- Issue necessary permits where necessary
- Review & approve supplier risk assessments & method statements
- Provide cover for contractor control technician
- Demonstrate, through effective delivery, well managed site induction and contractor safety process & procedures
- Produce monthly management reports for the site contractor safety
- Provide professional and accurate advice to the contractors / suppliers as appropriate
- Work with the Site Protection team to manage any site-based incidents as and when required
- Consolidate and report on business continuity scenario testing for the contract
- Experience and knowledge in incident investigation and root causal analysis.
- Able to demonstrate continuing professional development
- Able to show further development in their management skills through formal qualifications, training or experience
- Evidence of practical audit/inspection experience
- Organisation and scheduling
Communications and Working Relationships:
- A high level of planning and organisational skills – organising and scheduling events, activities and resources, monitor timescales and plans.
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in written formats
- Participate constructively in team meetings.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
· To ensure that all the resources, measures, processes and systems support, drive and deliver the needs of the business unit and reflect the standards and the Vision and Values of the Company.
- Holder of IOSH qualification
- NEBOSH Qualification desirable
· Experience of providing support similar to an FM provider in Facilities Management, M&E Maintenance, Commercial Retail, Security areas of business
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Self-Motivated, positive, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Keen to develop personal competency, responsibility and accountability
- Speak clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups
- Writes in a clear and concise manner using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literate with competence in the standard MS Office Applications
- Team player
- Willing to undertake all reasonable tasks requested by their manager
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 90,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide