Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Project Manager
The purpose of our area facilities manager is to own and manage a cluster of buildings, providing a clean, safe and effective working environment for our customers, visitors and colleagues – enabling them to be brilliant.
You have management and overall responsibility for your cluster in line with all quality, health and safety, environmental and company procedures related to general legislation and customer/tenant requirements. This includes adherence to all budgetary costs and customer service standards.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
* Plan, manage, scope and delivery of project works across the region
* Follow, adhere, implement and improve on required H&S and Quality processes
* Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities and in delivering contractual commitments on secured projects.
* Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
* To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
* To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
* Ensure compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
* Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both company and subcontractors activities.
* To build strong relationships with sub-contractors, preferred suppliers to ensure cost effective solutions which meets our quality expectations can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk.
* Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects.
* Development of project financial plans for revenue and profit delivery.
* Ensure positive cash flow through the upfront agreement of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications for payment.
* Manage the delivery of projects within agreed budget requirements with the target to maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of sub-contractor services.
* Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
* Promoting and maintaining the core values of CBRE.
* Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
* Thorough working knowledge of project management and project delivery in the construction industry through significant job experience & training.
* Likely to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and be fully qualified with a construction qualification.
* Ideally a relevant degree and/or Membership of MICE/MCIOB/MRICS or similar
* Member of other relevant associations and bodies
* Excellent team player
* Client facing skills
* Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, IT, security and plumbing installations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office: Project, Power Point, Excel, Word
* Ability to demonstrate logical processes, with good analytical skills and judgment, along with initiative
* Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
* Good communication skills at all levels
* Work well under pressure
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people