London , United Kingdom
Date published: 9-Jan-2020
The Investor Project Management team is one the two core Project Management lines in the Building Consultancy Project Management function, the other being Occupier Fit Out. The Investor team focuses on providing project management for investors and developers on new build and refurbishment projects across a broad range of sectors.
Growth of the Project & Cost Management service line is a core part of Building Consultancy’s strategy to 2025 and for the 2020 business plan. The team has a strong order book for the current year with some positive and significant pipeline to bring further revenue into 2020. To support both the senior team and current and projected workflow demands, there is a requirement to recruit an additional Project Manager into the team. It is anticipated that this recruit will work alongside the teams Directors and Associate Directors on larger instructions and will quickly demonstrate autonomy on smaller projects.
Specifically, the new recruit will be directly involved with the delivery of high profile projects in both London’s West End and the City. The role has a keen focus on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding (lettings and investment) along with contributions to operational aspects of the team.
This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden the recruits skill base further into commercial property with exposure to clients and influencers alike.
• Performing an Assistant role on larger projects and quickly progressing to a more autonomous role on smaller projects, provide Project Management delivery service to developers and institutional investors on a broad range of refurbishment and redevelopment projects.
• Assist/manage the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects and lead the planning and implementation of project
• Assist/manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Assist/manage the definition of project tasks and resource requirements
• Assist/manage the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans
• Assist/manage the assembly and coordination of project team members as required to suit complexity of the project
• Participate in the management of project budgets
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Assist/manage the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Participate in the implementation and management of project changes
• Participate in providing efficient and timely support to other service lines where required to assist in securing instruction
• Identify and deliver opportunities to cross sell other service lines
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE market place and external market place
• Directly contribute to the overall annual fee target of the Commercial Fit Out Team
• Contribute to and assist in the management of new business pipeline
• Post professional qualification (MRICS/ MCIOB/MICE etc) experience with commercial office project experience
• Suitably experienced candidates from other backgrounds (e.g. QS, Architectural) would be considered
• Experience in Project Management/ Contract Administration role on new build/ refurbishment/ fit out projects
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical application of project management
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability
• Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to build working relationships across in a team environment
• Leads by example, and can influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words
• Assertive, persuasive and self-motivated
• Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements
• Commitment to continually developing ability and skill base
• Demonstration of good time management, focussing appropriate resources to meet client and project objectives
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Planning, organizing and decision-making
• Conflict management
• First degree – BSc or BA
• Ideal – MRICS (Project Management) / MAPM