CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Project Manager – Investor & Developer Team
The Investor & Developer team forms one of two Project Management services lines within the Building Consultancy’s Project and Cost Management Group. Providing project management services primarily to property investors and developer clients, the team currently comprises four fee earners with a shared support function.
The Investor & Developer team have established a significant level of secured work coming into 2018 and is has been working closely with existing clients along with CBRE’s development and leasing teams to successfully secure further high-profile work going forward into 2020 with an expanded team.
To support both the senior team and current and projected workflow demands, there is a requirement to recruit an additional Senior Project Manager into the team. It is anticipated that this recruit will work alongside the teams Directors and Associate Directors on larger instructions and will quickly demonstrate autonomy on smaller projects.
Specifically, the new recruit will be directly involved with the delivery of high-profile projects in both London’s West End and the City. The role has a keen focus on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding (lettings and investment) along with contributions to Business Development.
This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden the recruit’s skill base further into commercial property with exposure to clients and influencers alike.
• Performing an Assistant role on larger projects and quickly progressing to a more autonomous role on smaller projects, provide Project Management delivery service to developers and institutional investors on a broad range of office & residential projects.
• Assist with and manage the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects and lead the planning and implementation of project.
• Manage the design team, third parties and the project team generally
• Assist with and manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Assist with and manage the definition of project tasks and resource requirements.
• Assist with and manage the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans.
• Assist with and manage the assembly and coordination of project team members as required to suit complexity of the project.
• Participate in the management of project budgets.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Assist with and manage the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Participate in the implementation and management of project changes.
• Participate in providing efficient and timely support to other CBRE service lines where required to assist in securing instruction.
• Identify and deliver opportunities to cross sell other CBRE service lines.
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE marketplace and external marketplace.
• Directly contribute to the overall annual fee target of the I & D Team.
• Contribute to and assist in the management of new business pipeline.
• Actively operate within the CBRE ‘One Team’ and Teamship ethos
• 24 - 48 months post APC (Project Management or Building Surveying) experience with commercial office or residential project experience.
• Suitably experienced candidates from other backgrounds (e.g. Architectural, Engineering) would be considered.
• Experience in Project Management/ Contract Administration role on commercial new build or refurbishment projects.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical application of project management.
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability.
• Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to build working relationships across in a team environment.
• Leads by example, and can influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words.
• Assertive, persuasive and self-motivated.
• Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements.
• Commitment to continually developing ability and skill base.
• Demonstration of good time management, focussing appropriate resources to meet client and project objectives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Planning, organizing and decision-making.
• Conflict management.
• First degree – BSc or BA
• MRICS (Building Surveying or Project Management) or MAPM
IT Technical Abilities
• Technically literate
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Experience of Microsoft Project
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.