London , United Kingdom
Date published: 9-Jan-2020
The Commercial Fit Out team, led by Jason Kerr, forms one of the four service lines within Building Consultancy and Planning’s Projects Group. Providing Project Management services primarily to corporate occupier clients, the team currently comprises 15 fee earners and 1 support function.
The team had experienced a particularly positive four years with significant increase in workflow, pipeline and secured projects, particularly through the Central London Tenant Advisory Group and National Business Team. To enable further growth planning and to support both the senior team and current and projected workflow demands, there is a requirement to recruit an additional Project Manager into the team. It is anticipated that this recruit will provide solid support to the team Directors and will quickly demonstrate autonomy on large and small projects and will have clear aspirations and ability to make a positive contribution to business development activities.
• Initially in a support role, provide Project Management delivery service to clients on interior fit out projects ranging from circa 15,000sq.ft up to several hundred thousand sq.ft.
• Assist with the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects and lead the planning and implementation of project.
• Assist in the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Assist in the definition of project tasks and resource requirements.
• Assist in the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans.
• Assist in the assembly and coordination of project team members as required to suit complexity of the project.
• Participate in the management of project budgets.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Assist in the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Participate in the implementation and management of project changes.
• Participate in providing efficient and timely support to other CBRE service lines where required to assist in securing instruction.
• Identify and deliver opportunities to cross sell other CBRE service lines.
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE market place and external market place.
• Directly contribute to the overall annual fee target of the Commercial Fit Out Team and specifically, the City Team.
• Contribute to and assist in the management of new business pipeline.
• 36 Months+ post first degree experience
• Ideally 12 -24 months post APC (Project Management or Building Surveying) experience with commercial office fit out project experience.
• Experience in Project Management/ Contract Administration role.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability.
• Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to build working relationships across in a team environment.
• Leads by example, and can influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words.
• Assertive, persuasive and self-motivated.
• Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements.
• Commitment to continually developing ability and skill base.
• Demonstration of good time management, focussing appropriate resources to meet client and project objectives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Planning, organising and decision-making.
• Conflict management.
• First degree – BSc or BA
• MRICS in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying or Project Management
• Consideration will be given candidates pursuing MRICS qualification with appropriate post qualification experience
IT Technical Abilities
• Technically literate.
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
• Experience of Microsoft Project