London , United Kingdom
Date published: 5-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for providing Program Management to technical Energy & Sustainability projects for a leading e-commerce client. This role is responsible for providing procedural as well as technical guidance to General Contractors executing BMS projects across 8 European Countries. The role requires establishing partnerships across client Construction Managers, General Contractors and BMS vendor partners across these countries to maintain and grow this business.
The role of the Programme Manager is as follows:
- Organizing, attending and leading stakeholder meetings.
- Work with client stakeholder groups across North America & Europe to provide weekly reporting.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and supporting the CBRE project managers succeed with their projects.
- Providing procedural as well as technical guidance to General Contractors executing BMS projects across 8 European Countries. The support may require both remote as well as on-site visits to these projects, including European travel.
- Provide a structured governing project management body
- Provide a centralized management structure for all project management functions
- Provide project portfolio reporting capabilities
- Outline a well-defined project management process or methodology
- Mentor and train team members to support team development
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing program management across several countries
- Serve as liaison between on-site technical teams, account leadership, and client contacts.
- Support Client’s wider sustainability and corporate social responsibility objectives
- Create a win-win situation to solve client problems while growing the CBRE business.
- Responsible for the change management process, both at a project and programme level.
- Ensure SLAs compliance, especially for key KPIs such as programme schedule and finance.
- Manage internal financial reporting.
- Achieving/exceeding financial goals.
- Responsible for escalation management, both internal and client facing.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Career opportunity in a multinational company
- Competitive benefits package
- European business travel
- Positive & constructive feedback to improve knowledge & ability to deliver
- A learning environment, where you are encouraged to share knowledge.
- You will constantly be challenged to find ways to improve the effectiveness of the team & enhance our service offering.
- Your opinion will not only be valued, you will be empowered to act upon this & shape the way we work.
- Innovative & keen to learn new things.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Skilled in gaining customer confidence.
- Enjoy what they do & contribute to a fun exciting environment.
- Find ways to express statistics creatively & beyond just excel graphs.
- Have a passion for energy & sustainability.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Proven work history aligned with our CBRE values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence.
- Excellent first degree, ideally in Project Management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project/Program Management
- Experience of building services and control systems is required
- Energy efficiency auditing experience preferred
- Demonstrable management skills, with the ability to manage multiple technical projects/programs and clients
- Delivers work efficiently and to time
- Ability to manage budgets
- Available to travel across Europe as needed to support the program. Average 25% travel expectation* but may increase from time to time.
- Understanding of mechanical, HVAC and electrical building systems, building automation systems, intelligent building systems is preferred.
- Experience in Niagara based control systems is preferred
- Problem solving ability in implementation of energy auditing, energy conservation projects, recommissioning and M&V is preferred
- Programme management and budget management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Communication & Strategic Skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; needs to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as be detail oriented; strong leadership/management, verbal and written communication, negotiating and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills with ability to communicate technical issues effectively
- Ability to research, analyze and form conclusions on complex issues
- Presents compelling arguments to support clients’ decision making
- Ability to coach & support colleagues
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values
- Subject to pandemic restrictions and company H&S guidance