CBRE is seeking to appoint a new Programme Manager (Senior PM/Associate Director Level)
to provide MEP Building Services Advisory to Projects and Transactions in region.
The role is based in Singapore and works with the APAC Account team and variable project
delivery teams across the region to support pipeline and active projects from a central Account
perspective. The Technical Services PM will be responsible for overseeing MEP services
delivery for Google in the region on new capital projects, as well as working with stakeholders to
develop standards to improve efficiency, operation and best practices across the portfolio. The
role will ensure that the building services on given Projects are managed in accordance with
CBRE and Google project management & stakeholder guidelines, and with Google’s business
plan and expectations in mind.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & ATTRIBUTES:
1. Customer-centric and positive, yet flexible attitude
2. Sincere relationship builder
3. Team player who demonstrates respect for all those that he/she works with
4. Good common sense & possesses proven creative problem-solving abilities
5. Positive, “can-do” attitude
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
6. Leadership and hands-on position to assist Google and the CBRE account team deliver
against established project programming, governance and delivery strategy in line with
Google’s business plan for facility development.
7. Work closely with the various CBRE Program Managers and Google Stakeholders
(especially Project Executives, IT [NetOps], Security, EHS and Facilities) to define
objectives & deliver projects that meet business objectives & CBRE KPIs (budget,
program, scope definition, quality, satisfaction).
8. Interface with the Google teams to plan and define the various Project requirements from
a technical perspective.
9. Brief MEP Consultant teams on requirements for due diligence for capital projects
proposed by Google and ensure that cross functional teams (transaction management,
IT, Security, Facilities, etc) are included in due diligence and cost estimates.
10. Review & critique third party building Due Diligence reports, providing advice on Lease
requirements to CBRE Transactions Teams.
11. Provide liaison role between Google Stakeholders (Project Executives, IT [NetOps],
Security, EHS and Facilities), local PM, local MEP consultant, landlord and Transaction
teams to ensure Google technical requirements are captured adequately in lease
documentation, and Google stakeholders are well informed on buildings prior to Project
12. Contribute to capital planning and annual forecasting based on MEP upgrades required
to existing facilities, and scope development for new projects.
13. Develop MEP and Facilities Standards in reference to Google Project Guide and in
collaboration with key Google Stakeholders, and manage implementation plan to ensure
these are effectively rolled out regionally.
14. Set and document performance standards and operational protocols for the delivery of;
-integrated system testing
-energy consumption management
-switching of HV/LV equipment
-CEWA development and management
-CFIR development and management
-PPR development and management
-contingency planning & disaster recovery
15. Set and document the design requirements and handover protocols for capital works.
16. Prepare MEP Project Briefs (based on developed Standards) for variable delivery teams
for key projects, and track against these during design and construction.
17. Peer review third party consultant design & documentation for key projects at milestone
Gateways (Concept, Scheme and Detailed Design). Such monitoring shall include
review of drawings and specs and periodic review with the various CBRE project teams
and consultants to solve any emerging issues in a timely manner. Attend design
meetings as required.
18. Identify areas of potential ‘over engineering’ and cost savings for PMO to target
regionally with Google stakeholders and variable project teams
19. Review and carry out through the life of projects (with all project stakeholders) regular
Value Engineering reviews to maximise the opportunities to improve design and to
realise potential cost savings on the project & into operation.
20. Create reports and updates for business review to communicate standards, efficiency
opportunities or other areas of innovation to support the PMO Platform in technical
21. Establish project work plan and deadlines. Create persuasive presentations that meet
the Project objectives.
22. Arrange/undertake training of the local teams to ensure their understanding of the
processes/standards/workflows for Google projects.
23. Oversee compliance to local statutory maintenance, health, safety and environmental
24. Work closely with local PMO Program Managers and variable Project Managers to
ensure clear flow of information and accountability on projects.
25. Track progress of PMO Technical initiatives (e.g. Standards development) against goals,
objectives, timelines, and budgets, and generate reports on status.
26. Undertake risk identification for Technical Services and suggest mitigation measures to
facilitate on-time and within budget accomplishment of the various Projects.
27. Collaborate closely with the PjM Account Leadership in Singapore, US and Google
APAC and global leadership, to understand and enforce contractual requirements as per
Global Master Services Agreement (MSA) and the various Agreements for the works
being undertaken by CBRE for Google.
28. Contribute to PM-lead Lessons Learned exercises for internal and external resources
assigned to the various projects in accordance with CBRE Global PJM-Google Account
29. Ensure best practice is being implemented on projects from a Technical Services
perspective, bringing knowledge related to innovation, sustainability, reporting,
handover, maintenance, procurement and/or other as identified.
30. Follow up on actions from Client Satisfaction Surveys.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
-Bachelor or Masters in Engineering focused degree or equivalent mechanical/electrical
qualification HNC/vocational study
-A minimum of ten (10) years post training experience, preferably including maintenance
and/or design of critical engineering environments
-Membership of an Engineering related professional body i.e. CIBSE/IEE.
-A member of BIFM or recognised regional professional Facilities Management
-A Health & Safety qualification (IOSH minimum or preferably NEBOSH)
-Adaptable to balance of commercial and technical requirements of task
-Ability to build close-knit teams across diverse cultures and geographies
-Multi-disciplined engineering skills
-Good Management experience in operational and construction environments
-Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
-Excellent interpersonal skills and high EQ
-Strong verbal/written communication skills
-Ability to travel within APAC up to 50% of time