Planning Support Manager
Hong Kong , Hong Kong SAR
Date published: 6-Aug-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This is a role that has to deliver on the key objectives for Client’s Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Function stemming from one single overarching need to ensure that CRE’s ASP region annual operating plan (budget) is met. In summary, these ‘working-objectives’ are:
- ‘Know Your Numbers’ – Assist CRE heads to understand their Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and the actions necessary to manage it effectively and meet their target.
- ‘Communicate AOP position’ – Prepare the right reports and communications to allow stakeholders to understand their financial performance.
- ‘Provide Solutions’ Follow up and resolve areas of dysfunction in the financial planning and control end-to-end process, working closely with HOST Finance, Finance and Procurement.
- ‘Drive a ‘Simpler, Better, Faster’ function – Identify opportunities to improve on efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting domain, formulate plans and execute.
We envisage that the role will provide added value by acting as a connector between Regional Planning, Regional HOST Finance and Regional CRE Leadership Team.
Deliver yearly AOP in accordance with the global planning timetable. Takes responsibility to liaise with global team, functional and country teams to ensure plan is delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deliver AOP 2021 commentary and narrative to ensure that regional and country CRE teams are fully aligned as to make up/component elements of their plans. Be able to understand and problem solve local challenges by working with key stakeholders.
Know Your Numbers
- For each ASP Country, run a disciplined monthly "Financial Review Meeting" process that meets the needs of the evolving maturity of CRE country functions.
- Deliver timely, accurate and reliable forecasting to Global by working together with HOST Finance and country CRE teams to look at historical performance and ensure an accurate year end forecast can be projected. The Planning function is the primary contact for preparation and submission of monthly forecast.
- Work hand in hand with the respective CRE Business Partner to support on Planning matters. This will include accurate production of data to explain a business’ AOP and Recharges performance together to the BP meetings.
- Attend BP meetings as required to present on planning matters, address queries and give insightful contributions.
Annual Operating Plan (Budgeting)
- Participate in business planning activities relevant to development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Provide the financial analysis of the various scenarios that inform the budgets in the AOP. Work with all the CRE functional regional teams in this regard.
- Post AOP, monthly reporting on the AOP Property Activities including tracking planned property actions versus actual.
- 10+ years of experience in a finance or related background
- Accounting qualification preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills