The London and South East Planning team forms part of the wider London business. It comprises a service line of 26 professional staff, based in London, specialising in Central London, Town Centre Repositioning and Revitalisation, Strategic Land, Corporate advisory and specialist markets. The team advises across the full range of land uses including complex urban and strategic residential, commercial including data centres and logistics, mixed use retail and leisure development, hotels, education, health and life sciences.
The team is a key part of the CBRE business working alongside colleagues across the full range of business disciplines.
Further details on the Planning Team can be found at www.cbre.co.uk/planning
We are looking for a suitably qualified individuals to assume the appointment of Planner within our successful London and South East Planning Team; a team that has built a great reputation through its practical understanding, technical expertise and ability to deliver commercial solutions to complex planning issues.
The ideal candidates will have an excellent knowledge of the planning system together with the interpersonal skills to work and liaise directly with clients as well as co-ordinate and manage the input of other professionals involved in projects. Enthusiasm, attention to detail, the ability to write and communicate effectively, the ability to work within a team and across a broad spectrum of projects, often in challenging circumstances, are pre-requisites of both roles.
Each appointment would suit candidates with previous consultancy experience, or those from a Development Management background at a comparable level.
Planner – Location – Henrietta House
- Provision of planning advice to external and internal clients across all sectors/land-uses.
- Coordination and management (project management) of strategic and major applications and planning instructions liaising with the lead Director and tasking junior staff as applicable.
- Preparation of Planning Appraisals, Statements and Evidence documents, as appropriate, including analysis of planning policy and assessment of client proposals both against policy and other considerations.
- Advising, directing and managing project outputs from a range of disciplines/professionals.
- Management, including financial management, of projects.
- Coordinating all aspects associated with the submission of complex planning applications/appeals.
- Identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities in a range of sectors including the preparation of Planning Briefs and advice notes for clients/Planning media.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
Person Specification Planner:
- Professional Membership of either the RICS (P&D) or RTPI with a minimum of years two years experience.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible and commercially astute with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong focus on own professional skills and integrity.
- Experience of working on a range of major schemes across London and/or South East England either within the private or public sectors.
- The ability to multi-task, work to tight timescales, often under challenging circumstances, with supervision and to a high standard.
- Willingness and/or ability to identify and nurture new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities.
- Confident team player able to work well with colleagues and clients.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have in excess of 100,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.