Job Title: Planner
Role Purpose: To work as an integral part of the London based team covering high profile and complex planning projects across London and the South East of England.
CBRE are looking for either an RTPI qualified Planner to join our successful Planning Team in our London Office, covering high profile and complex planning projects across London and the South East of England. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that has built a great reputation through its practical understanding, technical expertise and ability to deliver commercial solutions to complex planning issues.
This is a client facing position, and we are looking for a forward-thinking and dynamic planner who will thrive on the challenge of a varied workload within a fast-paced environment. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an RTPI Planner to expand and utilise their experience. CBRE can also offer in-depth training and progression for an individual who has the passion and drive to develop their career.
- Provision of planning and development advise to external and internal clients across all sectors/land-uses
- Assist in coordination and management (project management) of strategic and major applications and planning instructions as part of a project specific team
- Providing commercial advice to clients on strategic matters of development, funding and real estate matters
- Preparation of Planning Appraisals, statements and evidence documents, as appropriate, including the ability to analyse planning policy and assess client proposals against both policy and other considerations
- Taking an active role in the management and review of outputs from a range of applications/appeals where necessary, and required
- Preparing residual development appraisals in support of commercial advice, funding and financial viability
- Assisting in the identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities in a range of sectors including the preparation of Planning Briefs and advice notes for clients/Planning media
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience post qualification
- Ability to identify and nurture new business opportunities
- The ability to multi-task, worth to tight timescales, often under challenging circumstances with minimal supervision, to a high standard
- The ability and confidence to engage directly with clients and other professionals within project design teams, to give advice and direction plus, when required, to make decisions
- Interpersonal skills to work and liaise directly with clients and to interface with other professionals
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to act on own initiative and accept responsibility with a strong focus on professional skills and integrity
- A thorough understanding of the planning system and development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Sound analytical skills
- Understands the importance of diplomacy when dealing with a range of cultures and clients, as well as an understanding of the importance of using discretion
- Excellent IT skills (word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Membership of RTPI
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.