JOB TITLE: Place & Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Creative & Place Director
There is an opening for the appointment of a Place & Marketing Manager to help develop and enhance CBRE’s place creation & activation proposition. Reporting to the Creative & Place Director, the key objective is to support the implementation of our placemaking capability across the UK and provide clients with a range of added value services in order to differentiate CBRE’s service offer and generate new revenues for the business.
A strategic approach to place activation and customer experience is becoming increasingly important to landlords and occupiers, and it’s vital to explore new and smarter ways of identifying, communicating and delivering, and enhancing a location’s proposition, physical environment, and sense of place, in order to create a seamless experience for occupiers, visitors, clients and stakeholders.
As a response to changing occupier requirements and future ways of working, CBRE are responding to the needs of the user by providing clients with a range of added value services including research all with a focus on attraction, engagement and retention of occupiers, supported by CBRE’s agency and professional service lines.
The role requires the ability to work as part of a national team, who must evidence strong communication skills and have an excellent understanding of real estate clients, occupiers and market dynamics. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to leverage from existing client relationships and instructions in the real estate market to assist in the growth of a dynamic business.
It is expected that the successful individual will:
- Undertake an internal & external audit of existing place creation projects to add value to clients.
- Create client focussed plans to deliver a range of place activation services including:
Brand vision & occupier impact
Creative themes & concepts
Social media strategy
Digital content & innovation
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Delivery of strategic brand and place audits to inform client recommendations and action plan.
- Required to set a clear marketing, events and communication plans delivered for each location.
- Responsibility for the creation of the site-specific events and marketing annual delivery plans.
- Produce seasonal activation campaigns tailored to achieve specific place objectives.
- Ownership of the briefing and management of design, creative, digital & event agencies.
- Responsibility for the creative supply chain management across a specific geographical region.
- Researching and proposing appropriate tech solutions, both internal and external, to aid place activation and occupier engagement, whilst helping to create a database of stakeholders within a scheme.
- Working with the Customer Experience Manager to devise and implement an effective site-specific community engagement programme based on customer and stakeholder research insight and engagement.
- Set and manage project budgets, ROI Metrix, provide detailed reports to client and surveyors.
- Proactive client engagement, regular reporting and support with Key Account Management to develop relationships with existing clients.
- Working closely with the customer experience and wider added value service teams on delivery of projects.
- Establish a robust review process for place activation to include measurement and KPIs of existing instructions.
- Support on new business opportunities and the creation of pitch content with Creative & Place Director.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and best practices from both inside and outside of our industry.
- Develop thought leader knowledge and skills through event attendance.
- Support with research and share industry insights and standards to wider management team.
Person Specification / Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience working in marketing / branding / communications / events.
- Previous experience working in Real Estate Business is desirable.
- Graduate (or equivalent) with marketing qualification desirable (e.g. CIM).
- Collaborative in nature, building relationships at all levels with ease.
- Strong strategic marketing and brand skills.
- Experience in digital marketing – email marketing, social media, content marketing and campaign management is ideal.
- Ability to form strong relationships and influence people.
- Pro-active with proven experience of working under own initiative with exceptional results.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate demands efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 90,000 people worldwide, with 2,500 working in the UK. The Company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.