People Services Administrator
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 5-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are looking for an People Services Administrator to join our world-class London People Services Team, a team of skilled People professionals, responsible for providing service delivery for our UK & Ireland business which supports an employee population of over 11,000.
The People Services Administrator will provide People administration support to the UK & Ireland, completing all employee life cycle processes and becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one of the key process areas: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be the first point of contact for all People queries, managing the enquiry from contact through to closure;
- Evaluating cases as received and using judgement to ensure the case is managed in the best way possible.
- Resolving the majority of enquiries immediately using scripts, FAQs, knowledge base articles, experience and training;
- Providing accurate and timely information to employees and managers regarding People policies, People systems, and People programs;
- Ensuring service is delivered in a controlled way by logging & tracking all queries & transactions in the case management system, ensuring the employee and/or line manager is provided with regular status updates;
- Be familiar with service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure requests are responded to within the agreed SLA;
- Be familiar with employee benefit policies and support employees and line managers with standard benefit queries;
- Escalating queries to the Senior People Services Administrators, People Services Team Leaders, Centres of Expertise, and People Business Partners, in line with the agreed escalation matrix.
Employee Data Management
- Drafting reference letters; post-employment references, visa references and mortgage/rent references;
- Conducting data entry associated with all employee lifecycle processes, ensuring timely and accurate input of all data;
- Sending accurate and timely instructions to payroll for all pay-related changes as required;
- Validating employee personal detail changes, including bank details, through the PEOPLE system, ensuring data has been entered in the correct format;
- Reviewing data from completed forms or other documents for accuracy and completeness before entering into the PEOPLE System.
- Filing for all paperwork on online document management system, including creating new joiner files in line with employee start dates and archiving leaver files;
- Processing invoices in a timely manner and coding accurately;
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required e.g. filing, scanning, and notetaking at meetings
Recruit and Deploy
- Generating new joiner paperwork including offer letters and contracts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Sending new hire pack and pre-boarding information to candidates and monitoring the return of documentation;
- Generating paperwork for work experience, intern assignments and service agreement paperwork for contingent workers if required;
- Organising background screening checks for candidates, investigating any discrepancies as necessary and escalating in line with the agreed escalation matrix;
- Ensuring all new starters have the right to work in the United Kingdom, verifying original documentation prior to start date and adding details to the People System;
- Organising the People induction for all new joiners (Advisory only).
- Generating leaver paperwork for the employee;
- Providing relevant status updates to the People Business Partner and liaising with the line manager.
- Generating contractual change documentation, such as flexible working, change of hours, internal and international transfers, and job title changes;
- Generating letters for probation confirmations and probation extensions. Ensuring probation dates are updating as required in People System.
Time and Absence
- Providing administration support for family leave processes, such as maternity, adoption, shared parental leave (SPL), and paternity leave;
- Providing administration support for sickness absence;
- Ensuring the employee has provided any required documentation, such as the MATB1, matching certificate, SPL forms, SPP1 form, and doctor’s certificates;
- Generating ‘plan to return to work’ documentation and ‘confirmation of return to work’, for employees and line managers, informing the relevant People BP/People Advisor.
Cyclical Activities/PEOPLE Projects
- Providing administrative support for the annual appraisal process, salary review and bonus process, and semi-annual promotion processes;
- Participate in various People Projects as required;
- Actively supporting management in the identification and implementation of continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Ideally educated to degree level or working towards CIPD;
- Ideally has experience working with a Core People System, Peoplesoft desirable;
- Ideally has experience working in a Shared Services environment, using a case management tool.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail essential;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisation, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- High level of PC/database skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Ability to deliver to the required service standards in a customer focused environment
- Team Working
- Communication and Service Delivery
- Initiative and Problem Solving
- Personal and Interpersonal