· Manage key client people data related reporting requirements including taking brief, completing work or forwarding to relevant parties
· Monitor, interpret and present KPIs, transforming complex HR information into a clear and simple visualization of data
· Analyse People data and present insights to internal customers
· Ensure data is of highest quality through education and/or informing relevant parties
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Strong personality with the ability to drive for results, make decisions and build consensus to achieve your targets taking the along the organization
· Ability to take both a high-level view and drill down into details as needed and able to separate main topics from details
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Statistics or equivalent experience
· Prior experience working with large sets of complex HR data
· Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools
· Proven stakeholder management and leadership skills to be able to interact with stakeholders on a global level to understand and promote the importance of data
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including transaction and project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.