People Business Partner, Data Centre Solutions - London
The role of People Business Partner within CBRE DCS is to support our operational managers in all generalist areas of HR in order to increase line management capability and promote good HR practice throughout the business that ensures company behaviours are fully demonstrated protects the company brand and supports the overall business plan.
• Act as counsel to the business in all employee relations matters including disciplinaries, grievances and managing absence.
• Hold up-skilling training workshops to promote best practice.
• Coach and mentor the people managers across the business ensuring they are confident and competent.
• Understand cultural differences across EMEA and work in partnership with the wider EMEA people team to ensure effective delivery of business objectives.
• Active involvement in the transition process including presentations, consultation meetings, checking of due diligence, scope discussions.
• Advising the admin team on contract production.
• Responsible for checking all contracts raised for accuracy.
• Support and advise managers on any people related issues pre and post contract, active involvement in the bid process.
• Provide support to the Senior Business Partner in delivering effective organisational change.
• Partner closely with key stakeholders to assist with the communications and delivery of organisational change across the Division.
• Be actively involved in developing current and future business opportunities and ensure that the Division has the skill sets to support new sectors and growth.
• Work with the management team and business leaders as a coach, challenger, contributor and driver of important Divisional decisions.
• Identify and report on the needs of the business (qualitative and quantitative) considering business growth, attrition and risk.
• Translate strategy into actionable programmes, operations or activities.
• Demonstrate positive engagement through key people metrics such as turnover and absence and have plans in place to improve these.
Culture & Behaviours
• Support the Senior Business Partner and the business on the delivery of initiatives that constantly reinforces CBRE’s culture and behaviours such as; exceptional journey, induction programmes, exceptional awards, site-based toolbox talks and communication boards.
• Work with customers to make sure that their culture and CBRE’s culture are constantly demonstrated by on-site staff to deliver exceptional service.
• Work with the wider People team and business leaders on communication, improvements to be made and strengths to build on from the outputs of employee engagement activities.
• Ensure that managers have the tools and access to advice needed to effectively manage the performance of their employees.
• Take ownership of complex ER cases, trade union discussions and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk to the Division.
• Assist in the training of all managers in the Company’s People policies and procedures and use of tools.
• Be visible in order for managers and employees to have easy access to assist with employee challenges or concerns.
• Act as the employment legal expert and provide timely advice on matters, following-up with managers to make sure their intervention has been successful and to offer any further assistance needed.
• Act as a mediation or escalation point in disputes or formal proceedings
• Translate business and HR MI trends to facilitate sound business decisions.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail, along with good organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Confident at working with all levels within the business
• Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
• Proficient at negotiating and managing conflict
• Proven client service focus, with an ability to resolve issues quickly, with a sense of urgency
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Flexible in adapting to constantly changing priorities
• Confident at working independently, with an ability to self-start
• Background in Real Estate, outsourcing or facilities management - preferred
• European/EMEA business partnering experience - desirable
• Robust generalist HR business partner experience
• Strong communication with ability to command authority at all levels
• Commercially astute, pragmatic and solution oriented
• Ability to work independently but also a team player
• Outsourcing/M&A and TUPE/ARD - essential
• Experience of working with multinational blue chip companies.
• Direct experience of working with clients across multiple industries.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to successful candidates.