London , United Kingdom
Date published: 19-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This individual will play a key role in supporting CBRE’s fast-paced Legal team covering Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (“EMEA”), and will have the opportunity to work within a small, closely-knit department in London while simultaneously engaging with colleagues across EMEA on a broad variety of matters and tasks.
- Databases: Real-time maintenance and updating of Directors’ lists, corporate audit forms, corporate charts and hCue Entity Management Software.
- Company secretarial: File all documents with Companies House for multiple UK companies, including changes of directors, share transfers and confirmation statements; maintain corporate books for UK companies; liaise with managing agents responsible for various group holding companies.
- Annual Accounts/PoAs: Manage the annual accounts sign-off process for the EMEA companies. Process requests for signing PoA/Proxies and resolutions.
- Corporate: Review and manage the execution of legal documents for internal corporate restructuring, recapitalisation, bond/note listings, etc. Work with external firms to incorporate/dissolve entities.
- Contracts: Assist with reviewing, executing and tracking inter-company Services Agreements.
- Compliance: Assist with KYC data for opening of bank accounts.
- Collect data for EMEA insurance policy renewals and liaise with insurers on any updated requirements.
- Make sure that insurance policies and summaries of coverage are up-to-date.
- Respond promptly to queries from local businesses regarding EMEA insurance policies and coverages.
- Work closely with US colleagues and insurers to obtain certificates for clients.
- Maintain Insurance information and certificates on the EMEA Legal Intranet.
- EMEA Billing Guidelines/ Legal Tracker/Litigation Tracking
- Ensure and that the Standard Retention Letter is completed appropriately when engaging with outside counsel and that invoices are processed in accordance with the EMEA Billing Guidelines.
- Provide support to country leaders and law firms to help solve issues with posting invoices, payments, etc.
- Provide Legal Tracker training sessions and circulate tips on usage to local legal teams and law firms.
- Work closely with the Litigation team on quarterly litigation updates. Review and follow up on litigation matters with the legal lead in each country within EMEA to ensure that documentation is accurate and records are up-to-date in Legal Tracker.
- Monthly budget review with EMEA Legal. Liaise with EMEA Finance to track and review monthly Legal spends in EMEA, ensuring that the costs are correctly accrued/booked.
- Provide mid-year and yearly legal spend reports to Litigation teams.
- Track M&A budgets and costs, to ensure that external law firms are correctly reporting and costs are re-charged to the right departments.
- At least 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Good numeracy skill. Experience of tracking legal billings is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority.
- Have a law degree or GDL.
- Diligent and pro-active.
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience of hCue and Thompson Reuters database would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Basic knowledge on company law, litigation procedures and types of insurances.