Key responsibilities for the Director, Head of Property Management are to:
I. Implement strategic and business development initiatives relating to property and facilities management and tenancy administration in Xi’an;
II. Act as a focal point for Xi’an and local clients by ensuring a consistent and high level of support to both regional and local clients;
III. Support a number of key China-wide management team during the business development cycle and participate in pitches, presentations, and contract negotiations;
IV. Develop communication channels and mechanisms to communicate with the service delivery team and across all departments within the office;
V. Develop a strong and effective team with high morale and reduce staff turnover to below industry average as well as enhancing the capabilities of the team;
VI. Effectively manage the Property Management team by being proactively involved in leading and motivating your team, identifying staffing needs, conducting staff appraisals, nurturing staff’s career development and ensuring proper succession planning;
VII. Ensure that managed projects’ operational procedures are of international standards and minimize operational risks to the company as well as protecting the company’s reputation and branding;
VIII. Ensure Xi’an meets or exceeds committed annual budget and business targets.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are:
1. To implement and execute annual business plans and strategy set for Property Management, Xi’an and track revenues/expenses to ensure that business targets are met.
2. To ensure that you develop and implement long and short term strategies for our clients and partner with our clients to facilitate efficient transitions, maximize revenue opportunities, lower operating costs and providing accurate and timely property accounting and reporting.
3. To initiate, manage and supervise the Xi’an Property Management team in executing business development initiatives and other activities in service lines including: Portfolio Services, Property Management, Tenancy Management/Administration, Facilities Management and Procurement.You should lead, galvanize, motivate and assist staff members to meet client’s expectations with a high standard of quality.
4. To lead your team in servicing the needs of existing clients and the general nurturing of client relationships. You are expected to be continually aware of the needs of clients, ensuring your team is providing effective solutions, followup and maintaining client contact after completion of projects.
5. To nurture staff capability and build a quality team such that the business line is capable of consistently providing high-quality, professional work. You should demonstrate consistent ability to lead and motivate staff to keep abreast with market developments and work as a cohesive team to achieve business line objectives. You should ensure that staff turnover is minimised below industry average.
6. To ensure that the managed projects operational procedures are of international and minimise operational risks to the company as well as protecting company’s reputation and branding.
7. To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Regional Managing Director – Xi’an and Executive Director, Property Management - China, working as part of a cohesive team to execute and implement business strategies and enhance the profitability of the Company by meeting service quality requirements and corporate standards.
8. To carry out any other assignments or business initiatives as directed by the Regional Managing Director – Xi’an and Executive Director, Property Management, China.
▪ Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese.
▪ Minimum of 10 years experience with undergraduate qualification and professional/post graduate qualification is highly preferred.
▪ Uncompromised integrity with objective and impartial demeanours。
▪ Essential educational or professional qualification necessary for successful job performance。
▪ A high level of managerial capability, creativity, resourcefulness, interpersonal and communication skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
▪ Business savvy Executive with high level of entrepreneurial skills.
▪ Client-oriented with a high degree of customer focus.
▪ Proficiency in a variety of popular computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.