Taipei , Taiwan SAR
Date published: 9-Jan-2020
Lead, manage and train the project teams and ensure their project delivery capabilities and personal development. Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the department as well as the implementation of the Department’s annual business plan, and ensure that profitability of the department meets or exceeds budget projections. Act as project leader/project director, managing the project teams to ensure international quality standards. Service existing clients in compliance with their expectations and CBRE’s company policies, nurture client relationships and cultivate repeat business and referrals.
The Director is also responsible for executing a number of projects in parallel defined by a development services agreement, lease, and/or construction management agreement to its successful conclusion. Ensure proper support to CBRE’s other divisions during the business development stage when and where required.
• Lead project teams in servicing existing clients, nurturing client relationships and cultivating repeat business and referrals. This task entails, among other things, proficient after-sale services and effective maintenance and follow-up of client databases.
• Assist in building up a successful project management team that can consistently generate business for the Department and deliver as per client’s expectation.
• Take principal responsibility for quality control in the Department.
• Day-to-day management of the Department, supervising the project management business, secretarial and administrative functions of the Department. Further, co-operate with other departments when appropriate in all matters relating to the generation of business and the running of the Department.
• Lead by example, not only the efficient performance of duties but also compliance to all Company policies, and instructions and standards of conduct.
• Present and represent CBRE’s Project Management Department for business development and project delivery on your own when and where required
• Prepare and maintain contracts related to the successful delivery of projects.
• Establish project scope and budget for the work. Establish practical project time lines and program
• Establish purchasing procedures for consultants, contractors, etc.…, and negotiate and prepare appropriate agreements for all parties necessary in the execution of the work, including bid packages and contract documents
• Manage and execute proper tender assessments and provide high quality analysis to the owner of the bids received with a recommendation for selection of appropriate designers when and where required
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program.
• 10+ years project-management or construction-management experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction practices and techniques; Title III of ADA, contract laws, project controls, and building support systems.
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills in both Chinese and English language.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, problem-solving ability and management skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of design, construction and supply oriented contracts such as but not limited to government contracts, etc.
• Be highly disciplined and proactive with an appetite for challenges.