Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Multiskilled Engineer
The Multi Skilled Engineer supports the Technical Supervisor and Workplace Contract Manager in providing an exceptional reactive and planned maintenance service to building engineering systems and services in accordance with statutory requirements and safe working practices. It’s about detail, best practice, knowing what good looks like and then raising the bar.
This is a skilled mechanical and electrical position where the postholder is fully qualified to BS7671 18th Edition and has basic plumbing and mechanical skills. To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on all building services and systems as directed by the Technical Supervisor, to ensure the uninterrupted and continuous supply of systems being maintained.
Developing and driving an enhanced culture of service excellence within the client location in order to enhance the brand to internal and external stakeholders. Monitor successes of the workplace experience and positively shape and adjust to meet the client’s needs then proactively anticipate all stages of the customer journey.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and COSHH laws or regulations to make certain that all company Health and Safety policies, procedures are adhered to.
• Complete suitable risk assessments for reactive and planned maintenance tasks to ensure safe working at all times.
• Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the mechanical and electrical systems in line with statutory requirements.
• Electrical competency – BS7671 18th Edition is essential. Confident in all aspects of electrical maintenance, fault finding and installation work.
• Electrical Inspection and Testing is desirable.
• Be able to under-take general Mechanical PPM and Reactive tasks including general Plumbing duties.
• Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer’s manuals and drawings as required.
• Delivery of small works projects as instructed by the technical supervisor and in association with the projects and construction team.
• Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with current regulations.
• Ability to measure, work to plans (method statements), read technical diagrams and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate to trade/ skill.
• Assist in project hand-over and ‘snagging’ of new installations to ensure electrical systems are fit for purpose and suitable for ease of maintenance.
• Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated, suitably maintained and meets current regulations.
• Carry out a daily building walk to ensure any faults are reported and rectified within SLA and the building continues to look as it did on day one.
• Support in the management of all sub-contracted services and ensure all services provided are resourced and maintained to a high standard and within the client’s guidelines. Including the competent completion of inductions, ATWs, DRAs when required.
• Support the management team in monitoring services and suppliers and ensure that the required standards are maintained ensuring SLA’s & KPI’s are achieved.
• Support the team, ensuring the site remains compliant with current Health & Safety legislation at all times.
• Promote and maintain the core Values of CBRE at all times.
• Liaise with the Customer Service Centre, to ensure appropriate response to planned and reactive tasks.
• Ensure site Logbooks are completed and updated in accordance with procedures.
• Produce reports as required for the technical supervisor
• Maintain stock levels of spares as required
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
• Other relevant duties or reasonable management request consistent with the general requirements of BT Facilities Services service delivery as directed by line management.
• Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
• Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
• Makes decisions within parameters set by Technical Supervisor, using job/specialist experience
• Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards. Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
• Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
• Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed. May work within a given budget.
• May assist less experienced staff
• Previous facilities management experience
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical delivery for client satisfaction.
• High degree and knowledge reference of Health and Safety legislation.
• Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively with diplomacy and sensitivity.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and portray vision, values and passion.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business
• Ability to successfully multitask and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines
and priorities in a high-pressured environment.
• Flexible approach to work
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion at all times
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
• Does not let issues go; follows up on issues through to resolution.
• Puts customer and team needs first; always considers impact of actions on customer and team