CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join the team located in Bournville, Birmingham. The principal duties will be assisting the Technical Services Manager in the maintenance of all the Utilities Services Mechanical elements of the Contract. The individual must be technically experienced and have a good working knowledge of the operation, maintenance and installation of M&E plant and systems to a level that will enable their effective operation.
• Perform general Mechanical tasks allocated from the CMMS work orders
• Carry out Mechanical Team maintenance works as requested and directed by the Site Supervisor and to follow a common-sense approach to Mechanical tasks undertaken
• Carry out site safety inspections as delegated by the Site Supervisor or as directed
• Assist in the control and purchasing of Mechanical maintenance store items
• Carry out planned and corrective Mechanical maintenance as requested and directed by the Site supervisor or as directed
• Assist general handyman in any reasonable light works requests as may be designated by line managers
• Familiarity with the site Boilers / Water (Hot and Cold-water systems) / Steam / L8 / Compressed Air / LPHW Distribution systems / Ventilation (AHU and associated ductwork) / air conditioning systems, their operation and any planned or corrective maintenance that needs to be carried out
• Maintain plant and services to ensure their optimum operational performance in a safe, efficient and economic manner
• Identify plant and services future defects to ensure operational requirements are maintained
• Supervise subcontracted works and or carry out works for planned maintenance and new works ensuring all works are carried out to legislative, CBRE 3rd Party procedures and Client quality. To ensure all sub-contractor personnel are fully inducted to the site and work in compliance with HSE, CBRE and client local procedures
• Ensure appropriate permits are completed associated with the department for all required tasks by self, and all 3rd party contractors
• Witness commissioning and acceptance tests for all new and maintenance works and ensure all drawings and documents are satisfactorily completed prior to final project handover
• Carry out all projects agreed with the client in accordance client procedures, service levels and with legislative, trade and manufactures requirements and standards
• Ensure all site project works are carried out in accordance with good health and safety practice and legislation, manufacturer’s instructions L8 and HVCA requirements by fully trained and competent persons
• Ensure all specifications comply with CBRE and client service level requirements
• Ensure all project team members/sub-contractors works are carried out in a safe manner to meet and comply with all legislative requirements placed upon CBRE and the CBRE delegated site responsible person
• Ensure that all information relevant to the clients’ needs are recorded and discussed with the Site supervisor
• As required this role will assist the Site supervisor with any additional duties as required and to backfill site supervisor role when required
• Relevant City & Guilds in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations or equivalent qualification or have been a registered apprentice or equivalent is essential
• Multiple years of practical training in mechanical installation and maintenance work including a wide range of practical and commercial experience in the operation and maintenance of M&E systems
• Good planning ability, experience with contract documentation, and an analytical, approach to problems and should be conversant with the technologies involved on site
• Must have experience of operation and maintenance of plant, equipment and ancillary items
• Be fully conversant with Planned Preventative Maintenance and Statutory Inspection Regimes
• Must demonstrate adequate technical knowledge to work on their own proficiently and carry out mechanical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
• Must be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials; be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives
• The individual must be a good communicator, with experience of managing sub-contractors and consultants, can make decisions and control several concurrent delegated tasks
• A steady and self-reliant individual, able to perform as part of a team, and good at making friendly relationships with colleagues and client at all levels
• Must be practical and productive in support of CBRE aims, goals, projects, and behaviours and have excellent mechanical engineering skills
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.