CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Shift Technician to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for applying a range of mechanical and electrical skills for maintenance and reactive works whilst providing a safe, efficient service to the company in compliance with recognised standards and regulations.
• Work on a continental 24/7 day/night shift pattern within a small team of various trades
• Carry out the duties of the multi-skilled shift technician within a financial institution
• Investigate, diagnose and rectify faults to a proven level of competency
• Carry out isolations to Company standards to enable the safe disconnection of electrical and mechanical equipment once authorised by CBRE
• Check, test, set and adjust electrical and mechanical equipment to the levels to their proven competence
• Attend training to ensure that applicable levels of skilled competence are maintained to operate and maintain plant and equipment installed within the building
• Carry out their duties in compliance with DB, CBRE procedures and their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act
• Record in writing or using computers, various information such as work done, time taken, material used etc, in the appropriate equipment logbook or asset history collection process
• Issue and receive Permits-to-Work and related certificates once authorised by CBRE
• Partake of Critical scenario training to understand the back-up systems installed within the building to support business in the event of major outages
• Attend training courses as appropriate
• Maintain Db and CBRE standards with regards to cleanliness in work areas and of plant and equipment where required
• Carry out various tasks on BMS to their personal competency
• Report to the Engineering Team Leader any defects noted during day to day inspection or PPM activities
• Assist with reactive calls electrical or mechanical dealing with clients face to face if required, escalating to supervision and updating on major outages as required
• All reactive and planned maintenance work orders, where practicable, are completed within KPI targets or better
• Ensure that response to urgent alarms and customer requests is undertaken within accordance with KPI’s
• Ensure that response to non-urgent alarms and customer requests is undertaken within KPI targets
• Implementation of PPM schedules within the agreed programme
• All areas of work to be kept clean and free from debris whilst maintaining a high standard of work in all jobs undertaken
• Efficient, effective and courteous to encourage and gain the respect and goodwill of our customers
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in building services and dealing with clients
• NVQ level 3 or above in a mechanical or electrical subject
• 18th Edition IEE Regs desirable
• Health and Safety training and certification in PASMA or PUWER
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.