CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team located in Southend. The successful candidate will be assisting the Southern Cluster Manager in the maintenance of all the Utilities, Services, and Mechanical elements of the Contract. The individual will be technically experienced and have a good working knowledge of the operation, maintenance and installation of M&E plant and systems to a level that will enable their effective operation.
• Perform general Mechanical tasks allocated from the CMMS work orders
• Carry out Mechanical Team maintenance works as requested and directed by the Site Supervisor and to follow a common-sense approach to Mechanical tasks undertaken
• Carry out site safety inspections as delegated by the Site Supervisor or as directed
• Assist in the control and purchasing of Mechanical maintenance store items
• Carry out planned and corrective Mechanical maintenance as requested and directed by the Site supervisor or as directed
• Assist general handyman in any reasonable light works requests as may be designated by line managers
• Familiarity with the site Boilers / Water (Hot and Cold-water systems) / Steam / L8 / Compressed Air / LPHW Distribution systems / Ventilation (AHU and associated ductwork) / air conditioning systems, their operation and any planned or corrective maintenance that needs to be carried out
• Maintain plant and services to ensure their optimum operational performance in a safe, efficient and economic manner
• Identify plant and services future defects to ensure operational requirements are maintained
• Supervise subcontracted works and or carry out works for planned maintenance and new works ensuring all works are carried out to legislative, CBRE 3rd Party procedures and Client quality
• Ensure all sub-contractor personnel are fully inducted to the site and work in compliance with HSE, CBRE and client local procedures
• Witness commissioning and acceptance tests for all new and maintenance works and ensure all drawings and documents are satisfactorily completed prior to final project handover
• Carry out all projects agreed with the client in accordance client procedures, service levels and with legislative, trade and manufactures requirements and standards
• Ensure all site project works are carried out in accordance with good health and safety practice and legislation, manufacturer’s instructions L8 and HVCA requirements by fully trained and competent persons
• Ensure all specifications comply with CBRE and client service level requirements
• Ensure all project team members/sub-contractors works are carried out in a safe manner to meet and comply with all legislative requirements placed upon CBRE and the CBRE delegated site responsible person
• Ensure that all information relevant to the client’s needs are recorded and discussed with the Southern Cluster Manager
• Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported via the relevant CBRE personnel and local Incident reporting systems in accordance with CBRE and Client requirements
• Ensure Risk Assessments and their accompanying method statements / safe systems of work are completed and in place for all site direct and subcontracted activities
• As required this role will assist the Southern Cluster Manager with any additional duties as required and to backfill other technician’s role when required
• Relevant City & Guilds in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations or equivalent qualification or have been a registered apprentice or equivalent is essential
• Multiple years practical training in mechanical installation and maintenance work
• A wide range of practical and commercial experience in the operation and maintenance of M&E systems
• Must have good planning ability, experience with contract documentation, and an analytical, approach to problems and should be conversant with the technologies involved on site
• Be fully conversant with Planned Preventative Maintenance and Statutory Inspection Regimes
• The individual must be a good communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
• Good personal time management with prioritising skills needed to ensure delivery of service
• Demonstrate a willing and positive manner and to always lead by example to colleagues and sub-contractor staff
• Must be practical and productive in support of CBRE aims, goals, projects, and behaviours and have excellent mechanical engineering skills
• Individual is quick to understand the Task or project requirement
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.