CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are currently recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Shift) to join our successful Data Centre Solutions Team based in Camberley. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery/maintenance of day to day PPM tasks, reactive and sub-contractor maintenance. You will become a member of a successful team who are committed to achieving the clients and company objectives. To support the shift leader been an integral member of the team. Undertake shift cover if needed to cover holiday and absence.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. Be reactive to calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the Contract Administrator
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients at all times
- Ensure up to date logs are kept at all times.
- Multi skilled engineer with a knowledge of HVAC, Critical Electrical Systems, Building services (water, gas, heating, ventilation and waste)
- Having flexible attitude with a “can do” approach and who is prepared to work outside their skill base to provide a customer base service
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Formally trained in electrical and or mechanical maintenance.
- BMS Knowledge.
- Experience (Essential) of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Be prepared to undertake training as required by the post and the contract manager.
- Having administration skills to maintain computer based and hardcopy systems for statutory inspection and test.
- Be able to react and work on their own initiative.
- Operate all systems within the building in a competent, effective and efficient manner, adhering to CBRE guidelines and bulletins.
- Ensure that service providers work sheets are signed off, quality of works are inspected, and any recommendations are escalated.
- Responsible for escalation of all incidents (CFIR) as referred to in the CWES handbook ensuring the approved escalation procedure is adhered to.