CBRE are looking to employ a fully qualified Mobile Air Conditioning / Multi Skilled Engineer to work across 12 clients who have multiple sites from Reading through to Harlow. Due CBRE offering our client mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and Fabric maintenance support (hard services / facility management) it is important the applicant is within suitable travel distance to our client’s sites to provide reactive and proactive maintenance services (PPM). This role would suit someone who lives in North London, Hertfordshire, Essex, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, or Berkshire. The successful applicant will travel up to 20 client sites per month so must have a UK driving licence.
Working hours are 08:00 - 16:30 plus travel (less 30 minutes each way). We provide a CBRE van and tools and there is overtime available (paid at an overtime rate). This role will also be on call out in 1 of 4 weeks (£100 paid when on call).
To deliver the following:
• Service and repairs to AC systems and FCU systems
• To carry out all L8 compliance checks.
• Carry out statutory monthly PPM checks
• To quote on all faults found.
• Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using CBRE systems e.g. Logbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, eLogbooks, PPE, toolbox talks.
• Compliance with and record keeping for CBRE ISO 9001/14001 etc. and all Quality Management Systems.
• Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations.
• Organise and assist in reactive repairs and PPM’s to the sites M&E systems (BMS, Fire, Air Conditioning, Generators and LV Electrical Distribution and Switch Gear etc).
• Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Support or Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements.
• Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
• To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
• To install and repair plant as required and directed and respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues and requests associated with site.
• To respond to callouts and cover emergencies as required.
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of CBRE Managed Services.
• Delivery of service in accordance with CBRE, Procedures and Policies.
• Company van for use at work. (Can be used privately but fuel must be paid for)
• All tools supplied
• All uniform supplied
• Training package
• 25 days holiday per year plus all bank holidays accrued throughout the year
• Company pension
Education and Essential Criteria:
• Recognised technical qualifications to carry out the role of a AC/multi skilled CBRE engineer.
• Minimum of Electrical/Mechanical City & Guilds, Part 1 and 2 or ’A’ and ’B or equivalent.
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
• Industry recognised Data installation qualification.
• Knowledge of other building services an advantage.
• ACS Commercial & Industrial Gas Safety Approved.
• Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes.
• Installation of electrical services.
• Fault finding on electrical circuits.
• Knowledge of lone working requirements.
• Risk Assessment trained.
• Must be flexible regarding working hours.
• Must be available to join a call out rota.
• Full Clean UK driving licence held for minimum of 3 years.
• Health & safety training
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.