Minor Works Coordinator
Pangbourne , United Kingdom
Date published: 3-Aug-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Minor Works Cordinator to join the team located in Pangbourne. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the coordination, planning and monitoring of sub-contract works including monitoring, auditing, and enforcement of the Control of Work requirements. The role is responsible for the safe execution, agreed quality and timely completion of sub-contract work and to ensure that the Client & CBRE requirements are adhered to at all times.
Knowledge, skills and qualifiction needed:
- Host, oversee and work with visiting contractors, both project related and in support of the operational team activities.
- Manage work delivery at client premises, ensuring agreed quality objectives and timely project completion
- Manage safe execution of work to ensure adherence to the safe systems of work
- Support the Client Projects / CBRE Projects and Operational teams by coordinating activity and advising limitations.
- Manage, support and audit the control of works process.
- Develop and maintain consistent, professional and effective communication with project managers, contractors, consultants, customers and client representatives.
- Assist contractors, project and FM Managers to understand client and CBRE EHS requirements relating to contractor management and control.
- Provide suitable Health & Safety information to contractors including client protocols & CBRE EHS requirements, local procedures, welfare facilities, contacts and carry out inductions when required.
- Review, comment and accept risk assessments and method statements prior to work commencement.
- Issue and clearance of Permits to Work as required.
- Carry out and document inspections of work equipment within competency.
- Undertake proportionate monitoring of contractors to ensure that CDM and Control of Work requirements, including method statements and risk assessments, are being adhered to
- Carry out and document workplace inspections to CBRE and Client requirements.
- Take appropriate action where sub-standard performance has been identified.
- Appraise contractor H&S performance with work owners / CAM Managers.
- Coordinate with FM infrastructure teams to facilitate isolations, reconnections and the formal handover of completed works.
- Ensure that refresher training is undertaken for safety critical job specific requirements at regular intervals.
- Building facilities services knowledge
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Facility knowledge
- HSE knowledge
- Project management knowledge
- City & Guilds or equivalent in an Engineering, Building Services, Construction or related discipline
- SMSTMS / IOSH / NEBOSH certification desirable
- Manager or supervisory experience in Clerk of Works, Project Management or Engineering Services roles
- Certificated assessor for building services activities including confined space, hot works, working at height, scaffolding, excavations and crane operations
- Experienced Authorised Person and competent operator of Permit to Work systems
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office Applications, including Microsoft Project and capable of becoming competent user of bespoke databases
- Experience of having worked in a similar role within a large diverse organisation and have a proven track record of success in delivering and monitoring EHS project activities
- Excellent knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues, with the ability to interpret relevant policy and legislation, and implement this across all working practices.
- Ideally, a professional qualification and be a member of a relevant professional organisation.
- Ideally, experience of working in a continuous improvement culture.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.