CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join the team located in Cramlington. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Technical Services Manager in the maintenance of all the Utilities Services Mechanical elements of the Contract.
• Perform Utilities Mechanical tasks allocated from the CMMS work order cards
• Carry out Utilities Mechanical Team maintenance works as requested and directed by the Technical Services Manager and to follow a common-sense approach to Utilities Mechanical tasks undertaken
• Assist in the control and purchasing of Mechanical maintenance store items
• Carry out site safety inspections, planned and corrective Utilities Mechanical Team maintenance as requested and directed by the Technical Services Manager
• Assist general handyman in any reasonable light works requests as may be designated by line managers
• Familiarity with the site Boilers / Water / Steam / L8 / Compressed Air, Conveyor and LPHW Distribution systems, their operation and any planned or corrective maintenance that needs to be carried out
• Maintain plant and services to ensure their optimum operational performance in a safe, efficient and economic manner and identify plant and services future defects to ensure operational requirements are maintained
• Supervise subcontracted works and or carry out works for planned maintenance and new works ensuring all works are carried out to legislative, CBRE 3rd Party procedures and Client quality
• Ensure all sub-contractor personnel are fully inducted to the site and work in compliance with HSE, CBRE and client local procedures
• Ensure appropriate permits are completed for all required Utilities Mechanical Team tasks by self, and all 3rd party contractors
• Witness commissioning and acceptance tests for all new and maintenance works and ensure all drawings and documents are satisfactorily completed prior to final project handover
• Carry out all projects agreed with the client in accordance client procedures, service levels and with legislative, trade and manufactures requirements and standards
• Ensure all site project works are carried out in accordance with good health and safety practice and legislation, manufacturer’s instructions L8 and HVCA requirements by fully trained and competent persons
• Ensure all specifications comply with CBRE and client service level requirements
• Ensure all project team members/sub-contractors works are carried out in a safe manner to meet and comply with all legislative requirements placed upon CBRE and the CBRE delegated site responsible person
• Ensure that all information relevant to the client’s needs are recorded and discussed with the Technical Services Manager
• Ensure that all Utilities Mechanical Team accidents and near misses are reported via the relevant CBRE personnel and MMD Incident reporting systems in accordance with CBRE and Client requirements
• Ensure Utilities Mechanical Team Risk Assessments and their accompanying method statements / safe systems of work are completed and in place for all site direct and subcontracted activities
• Ensure that Utilities Mechanical Team Dynamic Risk Assessments (D.R.A's) are completed prior to commencement of all tasks
• Ensure that Utilities Mechanical Team M.S.D.S sheets are sourced and C.O.S.H.H. assessments are carried out for all materials sourced and used by yourself on site
• Ensure all equipment used by Utilities Mechanical Team is checked, PAT tested and calibrated/ maintained in accordance with the manufactures guidelines and maintenance schedules are correct prior to use and fit for purpose
• Use Dynamic risk assessments prior to commencement of tasks
• Relevant City & Guilds in the inspection, testing and commissioning of installations or equivalent qualification or have been a registered apprentice or equivalent is essential
• Multiple years of practical training in mechanical installation and maintenance work
• Good planning ability, experience with contract documentation, and an analytical approach to problems
• Must be conversant with the technologies involved on site and fully conversant with the ongoing requirements of Gas Safety
• Must have experience of operation and maintenance of plant, equipment and ancillary items
• Must be fully conversant with Planned Preventative Maintenance and Statutory Inspection Regimes
• Ability to assess and fully understand briefing and prioritisation process
• Good personal time management with prioritising skills needed to ensure delivery of service
• Communicate effectively with all CBRE team members and participate in all contract activities
• Must be practical and productive in support of CBRE aims, goals, projects, and behaviours and have excellent mechanical engineering skills
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.