Data Centre Day Mechanical Technician
Hours: Mon – Fri - 8am to 5pm - 40hrs a week (Flexibility)
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in London. As a key member of the engineering teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated critical assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant mechanical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective).
With a drive to increase reliability through proactive maintenance standards, the Data Centre Mechanical Technician will take ownership of any issues related to Mechanical systems within the facility.
- Operate all Mechanical systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including Mechanical isolations/operations). Having due regard to business risk and energy use. Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Working closely with the Data Centre maintenance team to ensure that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures/ MOP/PTW/ client change requests.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks.
- Attend weekly team meetings, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with CBRE management. Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as undertaking any relevant EOP scenario drills (Mock Drills).
- Response to all Data Centre client requests within SLA.
- Actively participate in QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Compliance with client CEM process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial works.
- Work with Data Centre teams ensuring all plant rooms under CBRE control are maintained to the required show site standards.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Scope of Services:
- Building management system.
- Air conditioning Systems
- Single phase and three phase fan motors.
- Pumps and VFD’s
- LV Supplies and distribution
- Other Data Centre related infrastructure.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- Mechanically biased
- Proactive in achieving operational excellence.
- Have good IT and report writing skills.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous site experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to client approval.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
- A high level of initiative
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required