CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE uniquely positioned to provide a complete set of services to corporate occupiers of commercial real estate across EMEA. GWS is redefining ‘workplace’ because we believe every place of work can become a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, quality, brand — the workplace contributes to business results, whether it’s an office, a retail outlet, a laboratory, a data centre, a manufacturing environment or a virtual location.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions, leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management, are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the team located in London.
Purpose of Job
To carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works to client Heating & Air-Conditioning Systems in accordance with agreed service levels
• Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all Heating & Air-conditioning plant to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
• Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and Domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
• To carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works to other site plant as required.
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
• Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of “Frontline” task sheets.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE Managed Services staff and clients staff.
• Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
• Ensure a professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
• Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
• Accountable to Contract Supervisor and Area Manager.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
• This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
• Formally trained in mechanical services maintenance
• Basic skills on building management systems would be an advantage
• Formal health and safety training (Desirable)
• Experience of maintaining Pumps, Motors and Valves
• Experience of operating Cooling Towers
• Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
• Working on a client resident site (Desirable)
• Formally certified for Maintenance and Operation of Evaporative Cooling Systems (Desirable)
• Good verbal communication skills
• Good written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
• Able to make sound decisions when needed.
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
• Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
• Able to work at heights and on roofs.
• A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services and clients staff of all levels.
Able to attend the site location within one hour of notification to participate in out-of-hours rostered stand-by and call-out procedures.