Manager/ Senior Manager, Ethics & Compliance
Petaling Jaya , Malaysia
Date published: 12-Aug-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Primary Purpose of the Role
- The role is responsible for managing the full range of matters related to compliance, governance, risk, investigations, and compliance training.
Duties and Responsibilities
Risk Identification, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Establish the regulatory compliance program, e.g. Personal Data Protection, Document Retention etc.
- Lead and conduct monthly Anti-Corruption Monitoring Activities.
- Verify the Proper Completion of the FCPA Certification Quarterly.
- Execute periodic compliance audit program.
- Initiate and drive Compliance Review Board meetings with management team.
- Initiate and support policy developments and enhancement.
- Keep key stakeholders updated on regulatory requirements or changes and ensure compliance.
- Prepare monthly Compliance Reporting.
- Promote compliance culture and risk awareness across different levels of staff and to promote an open environment for raising concerns.
- Drive best practices, operational excellence and process improvements.
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on a broad range of risks that are or may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans.
- Drive the Annual Risk Assessment program and policies towards ensuring that risks and potential red flags are assessed and managed to an acceptable risk level.
Training and Education
- Lead and manage investigations in accordance with the Company’s Investigations Policy.
- Write investigation reports, provide guidance to stakeholders concerned in regard to the follow-up actions, and monitor the closure of follow-up actions.
- Conduct new employee orientation trainings on the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption and other compliance related topics.
- Prepare relevant trainings materials as required.
- Develop an annual compliance training calendar in line with Annual Compliance Risk Profile, and deliver such training.
- Partner with local management to ensure timely completion of the compliance training by all employees in the respective countries responsible.
- Other projects and tasks as required from time to time.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding of FCPA, Anti-corruption, Data Privacy issues and other regulatory requirements. Knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering and Countering of Financing Terrorism will be an advantage.
- Hands on experience in audit, investigation, training, policy development and process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and preferably in a second or third language, such as Malay and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Independent and strong interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and report writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Understanding of local labour laws and experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
- Fraud, Forensic or Internal Audit experience in multinational companies.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.