CBRE - A GLOBAL BRAND
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 128 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue).
CBRE was the first international real estate services firm to set up an office in India. Since then, our operations have grown to include more than 9000 professionals across 11 offices, with a presence in over 200 cities in India.
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services.
Picture Yourself at CBRE
We are looking for an exceptionally bright, well organized, and self-motivated Manager - Cost to become part of our Mumbai Project Management team here at CBRE.
This role offers to work at our corporate office with travel onsite if needed.
As a Manager - Cost at CBRE, you’ll have the chance to
Pre - Contract
• Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
• Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
• Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
• Assist in finalization of Contracting Strategy or suggesting alternative procurement/contracting strategy.
• Prepare documents for procurement of construction contracts including the preparation of detailed bill of quantities based on the drawings and specifications outlined by the design consultants and establish the terms & condition of the contract
• Prepare and issue of tender documents / request for proposals / request for quotation
• Evaluate and report received tender offers / bids, including financial comparisons with budget.
• Advise on the financial effects of advance purchases or advance orders for materials or equipment with long delivery times in order to comply with program requirements.
• Examine and verify priced documents and prepare the same for incorporation into the signed contract.
• Establish overall project cost plan and cash flow projections based on the final contract award prices and terms
• Prepare the contracts for execution by the client & third-party basis finalization of the terms
• Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project life cycle.
• Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
• Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
• Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
• Prepare the procurement documentation for subcontracts where such procurement documentation has not been dealt with in Pre-contract.
• Evaluate and report on tender offers for subcontracts, including financial comparisons with budget.
• Prepare schedule of predicted cash flows, reviewing impact with client cash flow requirements and suggestions on schedule remodeling
• Attend progress meetings on site at reasonable intervals to suit the nature and size of the project in order to ensure acquaintance with contractual matters and matters affecting costs.
• Attend other meetings at reasonable intervals to suit the nature and size of the Project including presenting financial management reports apprising the client of the financial implications of the Project.
• Conduct periodically value engineering workshops, in view of encouraging Value engineering, with the consultants and the various appointed contractors.
• Prepare valuations for the issue of payment certificates including calculating, evaluating or verifying fluctuations in cost applicable to the contract.
• Prepare cost estimates for proposed variations for client decision-making.
• Maintain a running financial management statement and monitor against the financial budget.
• Undertake certification of the bills including measurements at site based on modality of contract.
What to bring along
• 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Ideally degree qualified in construction, cost management or quantity surveying
• Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity
• Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
• Commercial construction experience, preferred
What it feels like to work at CBRE
• Career growth and development with opportunities to network and connect
• Freedom to make your own path
• A positive team environment that believes in recognizing talent and rewarding success