Key roles and responsibilities of a Manager in Capital Markets are:
I.To generate business in the leasing or sale/acquisition of properties.
II.To win and execute agency instructions.
III.To supervise junior team members and assist your senior directors in the day-to-day running of the Department.
IV.To carry out any other assignments as directed by your senior directors or the Management.
1) To generate new business in the leasing or sale/acquisition of properties as appropriate for the Department. You are expected to keep constantly abreast with the market you are operating in, constantly source for market information and leads, and generate creative marketing/market ideas and solutions for clients.
Business-generating activities include but are not limited to: conceptualizing and making marketing pitches/presentations, telephone and letter canvassing, investigative legwork, market research, developing business contacts, advertising and other promotional activities, cultivating client relationships, effective follow-up of client databases, and scanning media information.
2) To service the requirements of clients, nurture existing client relationships and cultivate and secure repeat business and referrals for the Department. This task entails proficient after-sale service and effective maintenance and follow-up of client databases.
3) To assist the Department directors in conceptualizing and organizing the Department’s marketing programmes and other activities in respect of client instructions. Marketing activities include: conducting marketing pitches and client presentations, promotional and advertising activities, and production of marketing materials such as proposals, property particulars, Power Point presentations, press releases, brochures, and mailshots.
4) To supervise the work of junior staff members and be available to assist them at all times. You are expected to be watchful of staff weakness and identify and implement remedial programmes to address such problems.
5) To work as an integral part of a cohesive team to identify and meet sales/profit targets set for the Department by the Management.
6) To assist the Department directors with the setting up and maintenance of filing and database systems, and to ensure that the systems are kept current.
7) To assist the Department directors in keeping a close tab on quality control of all materials produced for external and internal distribution. You should take particular care to ensure on a daily basis that all outbound correspondence, particularly offer letters, are vetted for quality and accuracy. Such quality control should extend to reports, advice, property particulars, reviews, proposals, brochures and presentations for clients or other parties.
8) Lead by example, not only the efficient performance of duties but also compliance to all Company policies, and instructions and standards of conduct.
9) To assist with the activities of the Research Department when required to do so.
10) To be mindful of sourcing new business not only for your Department but also other departments as well.
11) To carry out any other assignments as directed by your senior directors or the Management.
• Minimum 2 year’s working experience.
• Degree holder is preferred.
• Grasp financial analysis skills.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Cantonese/Mandarin. An ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage.
• A high degree of mathematical skills and an understanding of accounting principles.
• A service aptitude, i.e., a willingness to serve.